PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Timewilltell
02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Who do I see about someone using my pictures without my permission?

lottie
02-21-2008, 10:34 PM
hi TimeWillTell and welcome to the boards.

Can you give us more information about your question, so that we may be able to help you. For example - do you mean on this board, on your website, in the general web sphere?

Thanks

Daddy-h2O
02-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Um, once they are on the web aren't they public domain? Unless they have been copyrighted I am not sure there is much you can do about it...
< like my avatar ??
I could be wrong...

Papa Bear
02-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Whatever you produce is always the property of the creator! You license the use! Pictures on the Web belong to the creator, now some people assume free use, but it is up to the owner of the image..... If you identify one of your pictures you contact the Web Master or Moderator and they must remove it if ownership can be established! All my work carries a water mark and most files can be traced back to upload point. So if your using someone else's photos you can be asked to cease that use and if you refuse you are then in violation of US and many international copy right treaties!

I once found someone using one of my images of a shark and posting it as one they took in Hawaii, the only problem it was a Caribbean Grey Reef Shark and it carried my water mark! Sometimes water marks are embedded and it takes a computer to read it!

Daddy-h2O
02-22-2008, 11:36 PM
And so we learn another lesson. Thanks

I will try to remember to record where I barrow pic's from in the future.