PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Calgary, Canada

Conrad
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi all
New to diving (Really New). I will be done my Theory and pool here in calgary in early april. Will be doing my Open Water dives in Cozumel May 2008. This will be my third trip to Cozumel. I did two dives there in Feb 2007, Six dives in Jan 2008. Joined the SUBA Mag forum to get a feel for issues and opinions in the SCUBA comunity. What I really mean is I'm hooked and plan to do alot of diving in the next couple years. As I said, I will be in Cozumel in May and plan on doing as much as I can there. Also going to Novia Scotia Canada in July and have a friend who is Experienced Diver there. So I am hoping to talk Him into taking me out LOL. Then West coast in the Fall. In between there are a lot of lakes here to practice in.

Sarah
02-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the SMN Community Conrad. Cozumel should be quite the treat for you!

Conrad
02-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Yes, I love Cozumel. Not into the party scene so cozumel suites me fine. Would like to try diving the cenotyes.

Chantelle
02-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Welcome aboard, Conrad :)

lottie
02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Conrad,
Welcome to our little space on the web.
Good luck with your OW in cozumel - I'm sure you'll have a blast getting your certification.

seasnake
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi Conrad. I'm from Nova Scotia. You have great dive shops in Calgary!

Conrad
02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Where in NS r u? I wil be there for two weeks in july. Staying in Tatamagoushe (spelling ????) But will be in Glace Bay for part of the time. Hoping to do some diving there? Any suggested sites?

seasnake
02-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I live in Sydney, right by Glace Bay, so give me and Scuba Smurf a shout when you get here. We have some excellent shore diving we can take you to around here.

Conrad
02-14-2008, 08:04 PM
will be in touch

Conrad
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Well finally completed my classroom and pool dives ( work took me two weeks off schedule) Less then two weeks until cozumel. So I am back on track. Still going to Nova Scotia in July. Have a friend in Alaska taking me out in August and also have dives planned at the west coast of Canada in September. So things are right on track. I am excited and just wanted to post an update.

scuba smurf
04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I live in Sydney, right by Glace Bay, so give me and Scuba Smurf a shout when you get here. We have some excellent shore diving we can take you to around here.

yeah what Seasnake said, give us a shout and we'll have a ball. I have a small boat so we can possibly get a nice boat dive in too.

Conrad
04-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I will drop sea snake a line when I have some dates nailed down and we can set something up. Looking forward to meeting you two

Conrad
05-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Just packing and checking my equipment. Checking my list and checking it twice, four more sleeps. Yeeehawww

Conrad
05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Two more sleeps and I'm off to cozumel....I can hardly sleep, feel Like I'm going to disneyland when I was a kid. I'll be sure to post a trip report

seasnake
05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
ummmm ... sounds like you might be excited to go on your trip ... :rolleyes:

Conrad
07-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Well off to Cape Breton. Looking forward to diving there. Got all my gear ready. Can't wait to test my new Camera, a DC600 Elite.( fathers day gift)
I will post a trip report w/ pics LOL

scuba smurf
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
looking forward to getting a few dives in together Conrad.

smurf

Conrad
07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Well ..I just want to say thanks to seasnake for taking me on a great shore dive at Grand narrows , Cape Breton Island. Cool wreck. Hopefully next time I will have more time and could plan another. Thanks again!!

I did learn a new lesson ( as a new diver I imagine there is alot of these still to come LOL) Never change a large portion of your setup and not try it before traveling 2 thousand miles LOL.

seasnake
07-22-2008, 02:06 AM
It was great diving with you that day Conrad, good weather and good conditions and a great site! I'm glad you enjoyed it and look forward to getting out again next time you're down.
By the way you left your snorkel at the beach!