PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear under your wetsuit/drysuit?

littleleemur
02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
What do you wear under your wetsuit/drysuit? 1 piece, 2 piece, nothing? :eek: Underwire? Are you more practical or are you more glamourous? Do you ever feel pressured to live up to Hollywood standards and slink out of your wetsuit in a gold sequined push-up bikini?

For guys, the ultimate Hollywood icon would be Sean Connery wearing his Tux under his drysuit, who do you think would embody that for ladies?

The Publisher
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Under a stretchy tropical thickness wetsuit, board shorts bunch up badly. It is problematic though changing sometimes if I am not with a European group.

Under a drysuit undergarment, there exists no reason to wear anything additional unless it is a Tuxedo. ;)

Chantelle
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Since switching to a drysuit... close to two years now, I have only been in a wetsuit once, and don't really plan on going back (unless somewhere tropical ;) ), but I would wear a bathing suit underneath. Under my drysuit, I wear the Fourth Element Arctics, as well as a 200g fleece over top during the winter, and 400g DUI booties over my Thinsulate socks. This is what I use for winter diving, but would prefer that I had a Bare CT200 over top of the Arctics. During the summer, I wore the Arctics, as I had a leaky drysuit, and they were perfect. Now that I actually have a dry drysuit, I'll see what happens this summer. :)

seasnake
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I don't know, after viewing that other thread, maybe one of those sequined jumpsuits a la Blades of Glory ... KIDDING!

Sarah
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I have been topless under wetsuits before.....is that called "free-boobing"? ;)

Mountain Dog
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey iDiveChick,

I go topless under my wetsuit all the time. Seriously though, I'm visualizing you getting back on the boat after the dive and stripping off the wetsuit....:rolleyes:

Lost my train of thought for a moment there.

Actually, under the 3mm I wear a speedo that's got a longer cut to it than the thong thingies. It fits just snug enough not to bunch up and doesn't make the women on the boat gag.

Under a 5 or 7 mm I tend to wear a dive skin. It makes the chunky neoprene easier to slide on.

Mountain Dog

littleleemur
02-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't know, after viewing that other thread, maybe one of those sequined jumpsuits a la Blades of Glory ... KIDDING!

& would that be a sequined python-printed number, Seasnake? :D

http://www.divegoddess.com/Fabrics/LrgImages/Yosnake.html

acelockco
02-07-2008, 02:48 AM
I have been topless under wetsuits before.....is that called "free-boobing"? ;)

OK, we are even because I go "free-balling" under mine. LOL

Maybe we should go diving together sometime ;)

littleleemur
02-07-2008, 07:03 AM
& there's even a Flame print one for your dive buddy -- smurf? :D

http://www.divegoddess.com/Fabrics/LrgImages/HotStuff.html

Diverdaniel
02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Summer.spring: Speedo's and a chickenvest+hood/ john+chicken+hood for techdives.

autum/winter: full 2 piece suit 5mm(sometimes go commando sometimes got the speedo/dry w/200g undersuit or fleece undergarment.

know a guy thaty drives 4 hrs just to dive, this is in summer mind you,
gets out his car in his business suit, takes jacket+shoes off, gets in to his dry suit, has a dive, has a shower with drysuit on, doffs the drysuit, puts his jacket and shoes back on, gets in to his car and goes back to work.
rofl.

littleleemur
02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
gets out his car in his business suit, takes jacket+shoes off, gets in to his dry suit, has a dive, has a shower with drysuit on, doffs the drysuit, puts his jacket and shoes back on, gets in to his car and goes back to work.
rofl.

ew! :eek:

with lots of cologne on I presume?

seasnake
02-07-2008, 06:19 PM
& would that be a sequined python-printed number, Seasnake? :D

http://www.divegoddess.com/Fabrics/LrgImages/Yosnake.html

That would be PERFECT! And you can get a matching scrunchy for $5!! Wow!

Chantelle
02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Eesh... I think that suit would make you in clear violation of Rule #6, and Harv would definitely Rule #1 you... :p :p

littleleemur
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
& there's even a Flame print one for your dive buddy -- smurf? :D

http://www.divegoddess.com/Fabrics/LrgImages/HotStuff.html

But he needn't be jealous...there's one for him too! :D

seasnake
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Ha ha ha ha hahahahhahha! ahhhhhhhhh ... good times . . . :rolleyes:

acelockco
02-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Summer.spring: Speedo's and a chickenvest+hood/ john+chicken+hood for techdives.

autum/winter: full 2 piece suit 5mm(sometimes go commando sometimes got the speedo/dry w/200g undersuit or fleece undergarment.

rofl.

Um....Is his name James Bond?

hbh2oguard
02-08-2008, 06:13 AM
I think he prefers to go by 007 or just bond:)

Diverdaniel
02-08-2008, 08:46 AM
nope, just a diver that comes down every so often, boks a private dive with an instructor, does one dive and goes back up north.

thought he was kidding untill i saw hi don the suit over his buisiness sit and had to dive with him.
he used to be a navy diver of some sort.

DrBill
03-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Absolutely no one's business except my girlfriend's... when I find her!!! And don't peek!