PDA

View Full Version : Anchor rode storage

hbh2oguard
02-04-2008, 03:28 AM
So this isn't 100% diving related but I'm sure some of you have been around boats for a while. So I just got a bigger boat along with a bigger anchor with longer rode. So does anyone have any advice to store it on the boat. It's a basic whaler so no cabin or anything to store it except on the deck. I have a throw line that's in a stuff sack so would a larger stuff sack work or is that a major tangle problem?:confused:

fooddude
02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
You don't mention how much or what size line you are looking to store, but what we here on Long Island use is a milk crate. They are easy to come by, durable, have handles that make transport easy, and holes for drainage are plentiful. You should be able to fit plenty of 3/8" 3-strand line in one large milk crate. Once the line is layed in properly, it won't knot up and cause a problem, it free flows nicely as long as you lay it back properly.

FD

hbh2oguard
02-11-2008, 02:44 AM
25ft of chain, 200ft 3/8 line, and anchor. I have a milk crate that I have the anchor and chain in but it's pretty much full. Right now I just have a line coiled up and have it sitting on top of the anchor. I was just thinking of stuffing the line in to a stuff sack and setting it on top of the anchor.

highdesert
07-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Well, my answer is somewhat similar to the other, but instead of a mik crate, it's the ubiquitous plastic garbage can. Pop a hole in the bottom of it, tie off your rode to your padeye or whatever, and there you go. If "round" doesn't work so well in you chain locker, pick up one of those big Rubbermaid storage tubs.