PDA

View Full Version : Reed's Rod the best new dive tool in years!

Papa Bear
01-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Reed's Rod is designed for Muck Diving, Photography, general use, Tank banger, dive tool, and a million other cool uses! http://www.twotankedproductions.com/images/600__MG_7507_Tony_Rod_Barracuda_Shoels.jpg

http://www.twotankedproductions.com/images/792_IMG_8234_Reeds_rod_web_photo.jpg

It has a rounded end so it is safe and will not damage you or the reef. It can also be used as a current anchor. It is made of the finest grade Stainless Steel and Aircraft Aluminum.

Papa Bear
03-05-2008, 05:11 AM
Took a number of them to Avalon for the clean up and donated them to the raffle! They're catching on fast! Get yours today!

seasnake
03-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Here's the one I use ... guess I should start calling it "Ron's Rod"! A couple bucks of scrap aluminum. One end rounded for general poking, the other threaded for camera mount. 16" in length. I'll sell you one for $20 +S&H!! :)

hbh2oguard
03-06-2008, 12:23 AM
not only cheaper but another size offered..... a buyers market:)

Papa Bear
03-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Oop's panted pending! ;) Once you get your hands on Reed's Rods you will never let go! There is only one original Reed's Rod and its from me! If you take the 18" size you can have any size! BTW it is the finest stainless steel and Aircraft Aluminum!:D

BamaCaveDiver
03-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Oop's panted pending! ;)

Does the pants option come in a choice of material? Or are you saying that you have been working so hard making them that you are out of breath? They really do look cool, you should consider applying for a patent before those blasted Canooks take control of the market.:p

Couldn't help myself papa, feeling much better tonight after a third nerve block this afternoon :D

Papa Bear
03-06-2008, 05:52 AM
LMAO! Yes it does, you can have any way you want it! LOL And thats patented!:D :rolleyes: ;)

seasnake
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
No clothing available with my version. :rolleyes:

Papa Bear
03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I have the hat and the T-shirt!

ThomNH
03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
this place seems to be a bit more lite hearted, the deco stop has way to much male ego floating around for my.
Bet it make a good tickle stick too, just a thought.

Sarah
03-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Tom,

All of us take great pleasure to keep this entire community here always light hearted and fun which is what we think a social diving community should be.

Papa Bear
03-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Bama, hope your feeling better! I have Parsonage Turner Syndrome and I know what you saying !!!!!

littleleemur
03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Here's the one I use ... guess I should start calling it "Ron's Rod"! :)

Nice rod! ;) ;)

BamaCaveDiver
03-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Bama, hope your feeling better! I have Parsonage Turner Syndrome and I know what you saying !!!!!

It is getting much better PB, the guys I am seeing worked miracles on my lower back a couple of years ago so I have nothing but confidence in their abilities. I've been dealing with RSD in my left foot since '98, and unfortunately this year the cold and stress double teamed to the point where it spread all the way up to the hip. Had my third nerve block this past Wednesday and just as with my back, I am seeing some miraculous results.

Prior to moving up this way and finding these guys every other doctor I had seen said the same thing, my back was so damaged (burst fracture at L3 that still resembles a train wreck, plus less severe fractures to 9 other vertebrae) there was nothing they could do short of medication so I would be on strong opiates the rest of my life; these guys had me playing on ropes again after the first procedure and off all pain meds in 9 months time (they lied, they initially told me their idea of long term treatment was 6 months :p )

I hope you are having similar luck dealing with your PTS; folks who have never experienced such maladies really have no clue what real chronic pain is all about (and I sincerely hope that they never get educated on the topic;) .)

Papa Bear
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Amen brother! You get some strange thoughts when you get sleep deprived and the pain is 24/7! One of the reasons I love diving! Elongates the spine and its weightless, just send my down another bottle!

BamaCaveDiver
03-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I know exactly what you mean PB. I have seen more sleep the past week than what I had previously experienced the entire year; hard to be cheerful when you're shutting your eyes for 10-15 minutes at a time. They now have me to where I am seeing anywhere from 4-6 hours at a shot, so I am a lot happier these days (and not as frightened when I look in the mirror:eek: )

My ortho guessed that the pain relief was due to the neutral buoyancy negating the effects of gravity on the joints; all I know is I see better relief being submerged than all of the meds they have prescribed put together. The first time Karen went down to FL with me she watched me floating after exiting from a 3.5 hour cave dive; when she asked if I was okay (typical response for the unknowing) I just grinned and told her I was enjoying my all-natural organic Demerol, lol. I now have her trained to where she knows the difference between good pain and bad pain (good pain comes from actually doing something.)

littleleemur
03-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Now that getting older and rods have come up in the same thread:

I have a rod too!

It's made of bamboo & is basically a recycled feather duster & has a bit of hemp tied to a hole on one end from its past life of staying handy when the kids get out of hand! It is best used for general poking & thwacking - preferably of an unsuspecting buddy and is useful for relocating washed up bits of jellyfish. Poking slimey lumps in the tide pools when checking for blue-ringed-octos, & poking at rocks to watch out for rockfish. Other than being free "hot" property :eek: , biodegradable & delaying some corporal punishment from the grandparentals, there's nothing special to it & is useless as a tank banger or a reef hook. :(

I would NOT reccomend this recycled bamboo stick for diving purposes! Get the Reed's Rod with optional clothing or Ron's Rod without! :D

amtrosie
03-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Oop's panted pending! ;)

BTW it is the finest stainless steel and Aircraft Aluminum

:D

Given the fact that Aircraft Aluminium comes in a myriad number of alloys as does stainless steel. Specifically what Alloy Aluminium (and temper)....... and the stainless?

Papa Bear
03-12-2008, 04:18 AM
Buy one and it's all in the specs! ;) And you are so right!

allisonfinch
03-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Fiberglass makes a strong yet light rod. That's what I use.

Papa Bear
03-15-2008, 11:30 PM
But, as all my users will tell you! "Once you get your hands on Reed's Rod you never want to let go!" ;) :D :eek:

Papa Bear
04-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Reed's Rods now available at AquaVentures Unlimited (http://www.aquaventuresunlimited.com) in Springfield IL.

Papa Bear
04-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Mention you have seen this thread on Divemagazine.com and I will ship for free!

http://www.twotankedproductions.com/equipmentsalesrental/equipmentsales.html

amtrosie
04-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Mention you have seen this thread on Divemagazine.com and I will ship for free!

You a pimp too? What is your cut? :p

Papa Bear
04-09-2008, 01:43 AM
I invented, designed, Patented, manufacture in the USA, and sell it. We are adding new dive stores all the time and my Rod was mentioned in a Swiss Adventure Blog as one of the "Must haves" for diving. To be proud of something that you have put so much into is not "Pimping" too much to me.:rolleyes: :p I am just offering my friends here a good deal.;)

Papa Bear
04-19-2008, 11:10 PM
We have added another dealer to our growing list it is Thesailingsharkadventures.com (http://www.thesailingsharkadventures.com) of Eaton Colorado! If your in the Colorado area drop them a line and say hi! :)

Papa Bear
10-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Here is a blog about my Reed's Rod:

http://www.leedesmond.com/weblog/?page_id=301