PDA

View Full Version : My first dvd: Hanauma Bay Hawaii

ScubaDoo
01-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Took some great footage in Hanauma Bay (Oahu, Hawaii) and made a dvd (about 45 minutes long)..

http://www.jmsmovies.com/dvd/

Let me know what you think,

ScubaDoo

Papa Bear
01-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Do you real want a critique of your clips? Sometimes people ask and then get pissed off when they hear the truth! What is your goal? Who is your market? Divers, Tourists, or travel industry?

The Publisher
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
ScubaDoo....

Nice first vid. The product packaging looks pretty slick too!

I personally still have no idea what I am doing when it comes to video....(or anything else for that matter)........but my video strategy is I shoot so much footage on a given trip, I am bound to accidentally capture something good by mistake!

The hardest thing for many is to get decent color, which can be overcome by taping shallow, color correction filters adding red, or like me, I cheat and use lights. Next is to get stable footage which between the surge, the current, the moving subjects, the moving videographer/diver, all wrapped in a layer of excitement....well, it takes practice.

I will guess you are on a Mac?

Papa Bear
01-30-2008, 02:12 AM
You said it very well, Pub! If I get elected President you are on my short list for UN ambassador! ;)

The Publisher
01-30-2008, 02:14 AM
As long as it is Ambassador to the Philippines or if already taken, Indonesia, then I am in!