PDA

View Full Version : Photo Equipment and Dive Equipment

Papa Bear
01-28-2008, 04:29 AM
If you don't have one you need the next greatest dive tool in 35 years! Reed's Rod! It is a must for Muck Diving, Reef Diving, and Photo and Video work! You can find them at selected dive shops and here at Twotankedproductions.com (http://www.twotankedproductions.com/equipmentsalesrental/equipmentsales.html)
Also great for a Tank Banger as well as an Current Anchor. This tool will also save the reef at your favorite dive site! Many uses and more discovered every dive!

Papa Bear
01-30-2008, 03:58 AM
They say once you have got your hands on Reed's Rod you never let go!:rolleyes: :eek: :D

allisonfinch
02-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Gee, I think I like the lighter fiberglass rods like this one;)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/allisonfinch_photos/Adds/sandspikeadd2.jpg

Light and easy to travel with.

Papa Bear
02-02-2008, 02:35 AM
The ones that aren't as strong? That float? Na! You know what they say? Once you get your hands on Reed's Rod you never let go! I had friends that made them out of Fiberglass and they left them on the T & C Aggressor once they got Reed's Rod!

Sarah
02-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Lol, this is a PC v Mac, Chevy v Ford argument.

I am glad you all are keeping it like you both are; good natured! :)

Of course, the solution to all of this debating is for divers to buy one of each, and keep the one you like, and give the extra one away as a gift to a fellow diver.

Papa Bear
02-02-2008, 04:28 AM
I like that Mrs. Salomon! Good thinking product evaluation! :D

Papa Bear
02-02-2008, 04:32 AM
You know the best place to try them would be Roatan Honduras!;) :D :eek:

allisonfinch
02-02-2008, 10:57 PM
That's funny, I have one of these spikes, and it doesn't float at all. Who told you that it did? Your friends probably left theirs on the Aggressor because all the guides wanted them!! :)

These days the weight restrictions, especially for those of us carrying LOTS of camera equipment, sometimes call for us to decide which lens, masks, flippers etc to take with us. Even ounces can make a difference. That's why I go lighter. Heck, I even cut the handle off a toothbrush once.

Weak? Well, I use them in currents that rip my mask off. If I need a stronger spike, I don't need to be in that water at all!

Apples and Macs? Yep, that about sums it up.

Papa Bear
02-03-2008, 12:26 AM
If a couple of onces makes a difference with your safety then you shouldn't go! And no the DM and Capt Piers wanted to know so he could throw them away! As I said once you get your hands on Reed's Rod you never want to let go! Also hard to hear your buddy trying to get your attention banging fiberglass! A lot of DMs prefer Reed's Rod to other Tank Bangers because they get attention from the other divers. All the DMs in Beqa Lagoon use them and aboard the
Fiji Aggressor III as well. I agree with IdiveChick Buy both and donate "The Spike" to Davey Jones! :D