PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for an account to activate?

bubbles
01-20-2008, 12:49 PM
My husband decided that he would like to join the forum as a member in his own right (or rather I pursuaded him as I was fed up with him using my username to post questions he wanted to ask!!!) :D Anyway he filled in the online registeration but is still waiting for his account to be activated. I am sure mine happened immediately - how long might he have to wait or do you think his registration has gone wrong?

Sarah
01-20-2008, 02:38 PM
It is done just about instantaneously. If he doesn't receive confirmation right away, his spam blocker is catching it, so have him check his spam mail box.

bubbles
01-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi,

He has checked and there is nothing in the spam box either. Can he reregister but under my email address which is a hotmail one as I had no problems with that?

BamaCaveDiver
01-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Is the site software set up to block multiple users on the same IP? I have seen a few forums that make use of this to prevent folks from setting up multiple user accounts (to go with their split personailties.)

h2odragon1
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Actually Bubbles, it's your husband! :rolleyes: You we like him???;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Truley. we hope he gets his account activated soon. Will he be listed as Mr. Bubbles?:eek:

The Publisher
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Bubbles, what user name did he register under? I don't see anything in users awaiting e-mail confirmation.....

bubbles
01-21-2008, 12:22 PM
To all the previous posts - LOL! Mr Bubbles - gosh no I told him to choose his own name!!!!

To the publisher: He used the name 'FlyingGunard' (his favourite fish) - not sure if he used it as all one word or a space in between flying and gunard! Not sure about the capitals either to be fair.

Sarah
01-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Bubbles, I moved him from the user group called "awaiting e-mail confirmation" to "registered users" so he should be ok now.

bubbles
01-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Thank you :) I will get him to try it this evening.

bubbles
01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank you for all your help - my husband is now sucessfully on the site. :)