PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London!

Nuclear Girl
01-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone! I've just joined this forum. I'm based in London (UK not Ontario!), and have been a diver for 10 years now. I tend only to dive when on holiday in hot countries, don't fancy diving in the UK much, but I'm thinking I should get into drysuit diving to keep my hand in.

I've just got back from staying with a friend in St. Lucia and we did some wonderful diving. Wreck diving rules! That's why I'm thinking I should get into diving here - I've heard there's some great wreck sites in the UK.

bottlefish
01-15-2008, 02:10 PM
There's plenty of wrecks along the south coast and down Cornwall/Devon way. Not all are in great quality, due to the rough sea conditions, but there are still some that are generally intact.

Getting your dry suit course done first would be a good move, it can get a bit chilly :-)

Where abouts in London are you based?

lottie
01-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey NuclearGirl :)
Glad you took my advice and signed up on here - you'll find a wealth of information on here. Feel free to dive right in and post - no matter how simple the question!!

Aqua Dreams Shaff
02-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Dive the Maldives!!!!

bubbles
02-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. :) I, too, have not done much UK diving. Tried once in Swanage and was put off by temps and vis. We save all our money for diving in the Caribbean and the Maldives - the latter is really spetacular (sp)! I keep thinking though that I would be in better practise for diving in these countries if I kept my hand in in the UK. So you are absoulutely right to be thinking about it. Please let me know how you get on. In the meantime enjoy the forum - I'm sure you will make lots of friends.

DrBill
03-25-2008, 02:51 PM
I hate to ask, but do you pronounce it nucular or nuclear?

I'm not into wrecks unless there is lots of marine life on them, so I can't offer any good advice that hasn't already been mentioned above.