PDA

View Full Version : Chris in Kansas - Just joining

cbromley
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Hello All!

I'm brand new to the forum and this is my introductory post! I just got my Open Water cert a few weeks ago (for my 40th B-day) and haven't even got my card in the mail yet. I received my pool and classroom training from Mark Figgins owner of Adventure Sports in Lenexa, KS. I took my referral form to Cozumel since its winter in Kansas. My first ever boat dive was at San Fran reef off Cozumel. There are just no words in this language to fully describe that experience. But I'm sure most of you have been there and know how I felt. I even caught myself humming the 007 theme song at depth.

Well, I'm looking forward to asking many questions and drawing off all of your experiences.

Till then, thanks for having this forum!

Chris

Sarah
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Chris,

Welcome to the SMN Community! Glad you made it to a tropical destination.

bubbles
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum - sure you will have a lot of fun on here and make plenty of friends. :) Chatting about diving with like-minded people is the next best thing to being in the water!

Congratulations on passing your open-water - life will never be the same for you again. Its a whole new world down there and it is awsome!! :D

lottie
01-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Chris,
welcome to our little spot.
Congrats on getting your open water, and as bubbles mentions - life will never be the same again...its an additive habit (and expensive), but enjoyable!!!

h2odragon1
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
That's what we're here for Chris.:) :) :)