The Publisher
01-03-2008, 05:47 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2376/2160869065_171a1b1f1b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2160869537_e6902848e0.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2270/2161669100_6e1c1b861d.jpg

acelockco
01-03-2008, 06:31 AM
That looks fairly heavy to me.

I wonder if it could be connected to a FFM as it would relieve the strain of that big thing.

I know all of this rebreather stuff is fairly new to the sport diver, but I bet in 10 years we will look back at all of this hot new stuff like it should be in a museum.

The Publisher
01-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Ace, it is heavier than the current AP DSV, but lighter than the Bob Howell DSV/BOV I had.

I think these things are GREAT safety features.

The Publisher
07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I am told that they will be shipping from AP next month.

Inspipirat
08-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I am told that they will be shipping from AP next month.

Hello,

How expensive is the BOV?

greetings

Inspipirate

:)

The Publisher
08-10-2008, 12:37 AM
For the U.S. market they are targeted to be about $1300 USD from what we hear.

They are currently in production at AP.

We will be posting an HD video interview with Martin Parker on the BOV shortly.

Oh, and welcome to the SMN Community Inspipirat.

BrianG
09-03-2008, 09:53 AM
I agree an important piece of safety equipment to facilitate bail out particularly in the event of a CO2 hit. I just hope AP finally get it out on the market, I have been holding off buying an alternative for some time in expectation of the AP unit.

DepthCharge
09-03-2008, 10:53 AM
For the U.S. market they are targeted to be about $1300 USD from what we hear.

I got to tell you $1300 for some injected molded plastic is just a tad high. There are other option out there for somewhat less. And yes I realize the R & D and testing etc. but I still think it's a bit high. I'll stick with the one I have.
Later,
DC

The Publisher
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, factor in ridiculous liability insurance, CE approval costs, the dollar to Euro rates, the remarkable testing costs including but not limited to AP's WOB test rig, distribution infrastructure development and maintenance costs, distribution profit, and one starts to see why it costs so much, not that we like it.

Some guy with a CNC lathe and mill working out of his shop who makes the far heavier machined ones versus injection molded, doesn't have those costs at all.

I have had the center silicone fixing post on a mushroom valve inside my DSV fail unbeknownst to me and had a C02 hit that had me throwing up all over the boat gunwhale, so I appreciate the safety issue of a BOV.

Inspipirat
09-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, factor in ridiculous liability insurance, CE approval costs, the dollar to Euro rates, the remarkable testing costs including but not limited to AP's WOB test rig, distribution infrastructure development and maintenance costs, distribution profit, and one starts to see why it costs so much, not that we like it.

Some guy with a CNC lathe and mill working out of his shop who makes the far heavier machined ones versus injection molded, doesn't have those costs at all.

I have had the center silicone fixing post on a mushroom valve inside my DSV fail unbeknownst to me and had a C02 hit that had me throwing up all over the boat gunwhale, so I appreciate the safety issue of a BOV.

Hi all,

i think it is a good feature and a good idea from AP but its too expensive, i have see by other distributors good BOV e.g. golem gear or V4tec!

no buubles no trouble

greetings from germany

Inspipirat