PDA

View Full Version : Coron Scuba Video

Sarah
01-03-2008, 04:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ytdYtzShU&feature=related

acelockco
01-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Very Nice. My wife and I met another couple on our honeymoon while diving. They said over and over again how Coron Bay was their favorite dive destination to date. They were pretty extensive travlers, so that was a pretty big statement.

From the looks of the video, I can understand why. I was pretty sure they said it was a major wreck dive spot, but the video did not seem to show that aspect.

PinayDiver
01-03-2008, 05:54 PM
That's correct Ace, Coron and wrecks are pretty synonymous to the diving community here. The last time I was at Coron, I said I was not going to dive to bond better with an all-snorkeling group but I ended up in rental gear anyway; I couldn't resist the pull of the wrecks.
So, I'm thinking, either the video editor doesn't dive and the client let it go or they didn't have decent enough wreck-footage (on account of bad viz). Wrecks would have made the video distinctively Coron though. I mean, I could always say, that's really El Nido or Puerto Princesa, but then again, I would happily be back in any of those Palawan islands anyway, dropped off with an icebox of beer, pizza, book, binocs, snorkeling gear, buddy-of-choice and just generally blissing out -- Manila, a world away!
P.S. Of course I snapped this from a hammock :D

http://www.scubamagazine.net/photo/data/500/cool_beer_on_a_hot_day.jpg

Delta_v18
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice to see another video in my place here. From the footage, it seemed they have stayed in DiveLink, and when I saw the end credits, yep, Divelink was their resort. The beach areas was either in Banul Beach of Beach 91, nearly adjacent and located along the upper northwestern coast of Coron Island..

We have good reefs also in Calumbuyan island, Busuanga. Also try our success stories for Decalve Marine Sanctuary and Siete Pecados Marine Park; two areas where extensive and destructive fishing occurred in the 90s, but with the help of cooperating agencies, we have established these sites among others as Marine Protected Areas, and the nearby communities are seing the benefits in just three years time: Fish recruitment, coral regrowth, etc.

Do visit us here sometime..