PDA

View Full Version : Aloha

Hawaii
01-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Hi, if anyone has a salt water aquarium,and have some favorite Hawaiian fish they would like to take home from here....well, times a wasting! Lets do it! Guaranteed a successful, and wet adventure. Aloha Steve

Sarah
01-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi Steve,

Ever see any harlequin shrimp?

acelockco
01-02-2008, 03:16 AM
Hi, if anyone has a salt water aquarium,and have some favorite Hawaiian fish they would like to take home from here....well, times a wasting! Lets do it! Guaranteed a successful, and wet adventure. Aloha Steve

How could we get live underwater animals from there to here (Pennsylvania)?

The Publisher
01-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Typically fish/inverts are not fed for days prior to shipment to reduce waste in their bags. Then minimal salt water is added to their plastic bags so as to increase oxygen osmosis via larger surface areas/more 02. To that end, pure 02 is added to their plastic double wrapped bags.

If I lived in a tropical area at the shoreline I would have a pvc intake/outflow line to a system, that would be the Holy Grail.

But it sure would be fun to set up a large, stable reef tank if I lived tropical and stock it with local suitable inhabitants.

Can you tell I used to be a serious reef tank hobbyist?! I am just itching for an excuse to get back into it, lol

acelockco
01-02-2008, 08:46 PM
how long could they last like that?

Also, they would NOT allow that as a carry on, as there is too much liquid. Do you think they would make it in checked luggage, I don't. Is there some special shipping service for this type of thing?

I have a 175 gallon fish tank that I was thinking about setting up salt water. I wonder if I could bring fish back from Florida on one of my trips...humm.

Now you have my wheels turning, another expensive hobby.

lottie
01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Can you tell I used to be a serious reef tank hobbyist?! I am just itching for an excuse to get back into it, lol

anyone ever told you that you're a nerd??? ;)

to the OP - welcome to our little space :)