PDA

View Full Version : Brit in New York

Far_X
12-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey there, I am new to the board but not new to diving or t'internet. I enjoy diving locally in New York, mainly off Long Island, both beaches and the boats, but also crave blue water once in a while and will have a couple of vacations per year where I dive solidly. I am certified up deco and adv. nitrox levels and practice those skills when diving on the wrecks in NY. I don't have a great deal of experience with the wrecks and have not penetrated any of the locals ones yet.

Look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully diving with some. Cheers

Sarah
12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Well in that case, welcome to the SMN Community!

Feel free to jump right in anywhere....I am sure you have some great dive stories!

acelockco
12-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully diving with some. Cheers

Definately!

I am also a wreck diver (off NJ). A few of us are going to get together in the late spring/early summer to do some Great Lakes wreck diving keep on the board for more info as we get closer.

Maybe we will even get you to venture into one of the wrecks with us! Once you get inside once, you entire view will change. Sunddenly you will be searching for ways in. ;)

Ace

Chantelle
12-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Look who found this place! Are you following me?? :p:p

No speedos allowed! :D:D

acelockco
12-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Are you following me?? :p:p

So you must know this diver?

And, I second that, no speedos allowed!!!!

Far_X
12-31-2007, 03:08 AM
Uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Look who found this place! Are you following me?? :p:p

Ha ha - you are so funny...NOT. Did you notice that I did not opt for the speedo avatar like on ZD? :D

Hey acelockco, I did a few wrecks in Lake Erie last August - pretty different to the wrecks around here and the water was a lot colder. I have penetrated wrecks down in the Caribbean and look forward to trying that this year up here.

iDiveChick, I am not too sure what kind of stories you want to hear. ;)

Chantelle
12-31-2007, 11:29 AM
ROFL.. I bet we'll have some stories next August!!! :D

lottie
12-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Welcome to our little space.

From another ex-brit :D

h2odragon1
12-31-2007, 02:47 PM
So you must know this diver?

And, I second that, no speedos allowed!!!!

no speedos on guy's!:D

Chantelle
12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
no speedos on guy's!:D

Amen!! I don't care how hot they are!! :p :p

Sarah
12-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Maybe I am the odd girl out on this one here, but I like the athletic male form in speedos just like most European women do. :)

lottie
01-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Amen!! I don't care how hot they are!! :p :p

are you referring to the speedos or the men??? ;):cool: :eek:

Chantelle
01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
are you referring to the speedos or the men??? ;):cool: :eek:

Lol... :p

Yanno... I can appreciate a scantily clad athletic fella, but I don't think I want to see the whole package, just walking around like that...:eek: Ya gotta have a bit of mystery IMO. :p