PDA

View Full Version : help needed on sizing of a beanie

lottie
12-27-2007, 11:21 PM
okay...so i've found this beanie that I want to order, but the sizing is in S, M, L, XL
See the beanie here (http://www.unrealfind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=hood9&Category_Code=hoods)

I emailed the site to ask if there are sizing guides based on the circumference of the head, of which they just came back and said that there isn't and it should be pretty true to size.

Except I have no idea whether my head is a small or a medium (i don't think its a large nor an extra-large!) and I don't want to order the wrong one!

Any one got any ideas or know roughly head sizes for hat sizes (if that makes sense!)

Ta,

acelockco
12-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I would think a medium would be proper for most women. I am thinking a small would be for someone with a rather small head and not too much hair. You obviously have a considerable amount of hair.

I would wear a large ( I bought an XL and it is too big).

Do you have a local dive shop? They may have one in stock that you can try on.

littleleemur
12-28-2007, 03:15 AM
okay...so i've found this beanie that I want to order, but the sizing is in S, M, L, XL
See the beanie here (http://www.unrealfind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=hood9&Category_Code=hoods)

I emailed the site to ask if there are sizing guides based on the circumference of the head, of which they just came back and said that there isn't and it should be pretty true to size.

Except I have no idea whether my head is a small or a medium (i don't think its a large nor an extra-large!) and I don't want to order the wrong one!

Any one got any ideas or know roughly head sizes for hat sizes (if that makes sense!)

Ta,

Lottie,

The standard hat measurements are: S: 52/53cm, M: 55-56cm L:59-60cm

To measure: take a flexibile measuring tape (the type used by seamstresses, not the metal ones used to measure photoframes) and wrap it around your head across the temples, under the top ear flap and over the bump at the back of your head above the hollow that leads to your spine. That is where a hat "should" sit and how the measurements are done for manufacturing & sizing.

If you don't have a flexible tape, use a piece of string and wrap it around the same parts of your head and measure the string afterwards.

:)

The Publisher
12-28-2007, 04:24 AM
Lottie,

We just e-mailed Akona on your behalf for their sizing chart.

Any figures they give us, we'll covert to metric for you if needed.

lottie
12-28-2007, 12:14 PM
The standard hat measurements are: S: 52/53cm, M: 55-56cm L:59-60cm

:)

Now that is the type of info i was looking for. I've got a flexible measuring tape, so i'll measure my head and see which one I need.

Ace - my dive shop don't have beanies, as its on a resort, they mainly stock t-shirts, snorkel gear and maybe the odd wetsuit (of some description or another).

Publisher - thanks so much for contacting Akona for me. Please let me know what info they come back with.

acelockco
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Lottie, I don't know your area at all, but if there is any population of local divers, you may have a great business opprotunity there.