PDA

View Full Version : Holiday gifts - What did you get?

acelockco
12-25-2007, 10:49 PM
So now that the holiday is over for most of us well....what did you get?

I did not get anything for SCUBA this year, so I decided to get a few gifts for myself. I bought a new OMS wing for my trans-pak harness. I also bought myself a 3 mm full wetsuit for when I go on vacation. I am also getting a new perscription dive mask, hopefully soon. ;)

lottie
12-25-2007, 11:07 PM
i gave myself the wreck dive + hiring the camera as a pressie. Got a nice home pressie from my parents (my mum future planning!)

acelockco
12-26-2007, 12:22 AM
They bought you a house??

Or something for your house?

rubber chicken
12-26-2007, 08:01 AM
I got a Gas Blenders ticket!:) And I've decided to get myself a Metalsub 24W LED dive light and a new merino lined wetsuit.

bubbles
12-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Officially I got a new 3mm full wetsuit and boots but as the diveshop are still waiting for the order to come to them from the States - I didn't actually get to unwrap it! :(

I also got a jigsaw puzzle (I am a great fan of Jigsaws on winter evenings in front of the telly) of a beautiful coral reef in Papua New Guinea. :)

Mountain Dog
12-26-2007, 11:46 AM
LadyDog and I booked a week aboard the Nekton Rorqual to do Medio Reef in the Bahamas next June. It's going to be six months before we get to enjoy our Christmas gift, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. WOO-HOO!!!

Mountain Dog

bubbles
12-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Sounds a fantastic present Mountain Dog - enjoy!:)

BamaCaveDiver
12-26-2007, 02:59 PM
And to think, all I got was the same old DIY Diamond kit :p Oh well, I worked hard all year long at being bad so my X-mas dinner would not be impeded by a need to open gifts :rolleyes:

h2odragon1
12-26-2007, 03:06 PM
a pair of socks; a pair of gloves; a scarf; a pair of shoes that don't fit. nothing for diving:mad:

lottie
12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
nothing for diving:mad:

Aaah, you poor thing. never mind maybe next year you'll get something dive related - just drop loads of hints well in advance.

Ace - my parents didn't get me a house - rather it was something for my house - a spice rack filled with spices in small glass bottles.

Hey - what about we have a secret santa between ourselves next year??? Would anyone be interested???

Chantelle
12-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I got a Halcyon Pathfinder reel, which is aching to get in the water...:p, the last Sopranos DVD set, some clothes, one of those fancy LCD picture frames (which I have to figure out how to use...lol), a couple of gift certificates, some very pretty pink topaz earrings, snow tires (first time ever.. and very greatful for them!)...oo.. and a little bit o' cash for our Mexico trip next year! We did alot of driving around this year, but it was really nice to spend time with our families. :)

w00000000000000000t!!

I hope everyone had a marvellous holiday :)

acelockco
12-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Chantelle,

Sounds like you made out really well! It must be a big holiday for your family. Enjoy your new toys, I can't wait to try my new gear out as well.:cool:

Chantelle
12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes, it really is a big holiday for us. Between two families and a ton of people, it ends up being quite the adventure! There is usually quite alot of driving involved too! :p

I still can't figure out that picture frame though...:o

Tigerbeach
12-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I got a new motel; does that count?

lottie
12-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I got a new motel; does that count?

Is that of the Monopoly type??? :cool:

acelockco
12-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Darn Lottie, you beat me to the punch line.

Tigerbeach
12-28-2007, 09:02 PM
No, this one pays in real money.
I sold a small one, and bought a big one.

acelockco
12-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Is it near any SCUBA diving??

littleleemur
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Hey - what about we have a secret santa between ourselves next year??? Would anyone be interested???

Yes, but if the amount was affordable enough to include shipping it out in time for x'mas then we'd all be getting lanyards, lightsticks and Q40s.

Maybe we could have an annual x'mas poll and vote for 10 items we could all purchase at a negotiated discounted group price? Something for the Photo/video guys, something basic for the newbies etc etc?

acelockco
01-04-2008, 02:47 AM
It's the thought that counts. I doubt it would work out too well considering what was said about shipping and all.

Chantelle
01-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Ok.. er.. I got a little more spoiled.. I happened to have a b'day as well, and my fella and his parents got me another AL80. Soo.. this means that I will have to purchase another set of bands and a manifold, so I can pair up my AL80 stage with the new one... Gotta have ALs for Cave 1! :p

I'm just not ready to split up/sell my 100s yet!

acelockco
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Do you need to trade your 100's for some 80's? Let me know as I am sure we can work something out.

amtrosie
01-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Ok.. er.. I got a little more spoiled.. I happened to have a b'day as well, and my fella and his parents got me another AL80. Soo.. this means that I will have to purchase another set of bands and a manifold, so I can pair up my AL80 stage with the new one... Gotta have ALs for Cave 1! :p

I'm just not ready to split up/sell my 100s yet!

First, why are you planning on using Al 80's for cave? Steel tanks are the better choice. Better fills with a little more negative buoyant, even when close to empty. Save the 80's for stages. If the 100's are Aluminiums, do the world a favor and blow them up! Those tanks are the biggest POS on the market. (I'll refrain from showing my true feelings).

When is cave 1?

Chantelle
01-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Lol.. no, I'm not using AL 100s... The tanks I have now are PST E7-100s.

There are a few reasons for using 80s... One of them being that we are not flying our tanks down to Mexico, and know that the 80s are available for rental. Although we probably will not be diving wet, there is that option, and would want AL tanks when diving wet. Soo.. instead of messing around with different tanks, we're going to stick with the AL 80s.

I'm going to take my AL 80 stage that I have now, and twin it up with the new one. The stage is fairly new too. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep my 100s for now... I kinda like them. :)

Cave 1 isn't until next November... snifff.. snifffff....:o