PDA

View Full Version : 3 missing in Mex Cave

Sarah
12-20-2007, 02:48 AM
By Susana Carreño

The search continues, after which 20 people attended this weekend at an advanced diving course, taught by the company Uzueta Diving, in the vicinity of Arcos de Mismaloya, on the site known as the Gavión Devil.

3 people are missing, it is Sergio Lopez, cameraman, a reporter for Televisa company, Ulises Sanchez Tovar Mayorga and Alejandro Garcia, Civil Protection of Jalisco, reported Germán Pinto, Deputy Director of Evaluation and Monitoring of the State Civil Defense.

Esteban Calderon, a lifeguard in Puerto Vallarta, was met and transferred to the hyperbaric chamber available to the Navy, after he suffered decompensation.

According to investigations, 20 people were organized into four groups of five to receive instruction diving, installed an anchor of 10 kilograms, but in a given moment was a milestone current strong enough and lost his life line. (Rope that keeps in contact with the outside world to divers).

Yesterday, 80 people, said Germán Pinto, traveled more than 30 nautical miles in the search for the missing, backed by a helicopter, elements Civil Defense, Navy, Technological Institute of the Sea, divers experts from different companies and the Commission Federal de Electricidad, boats were given the task of carrying out a sweeping look at the coast.

acelockco
12-20-2007, 05:55 AM
decompensation, that sounds real bad.

scuba smurf
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
very unfortunate my condolences go out to the families and friends.

Chantelle
12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Very sad news... thoughts and prayers to friends and families.

lars2923
12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
What is your source of the article?

Thanx,

Papa Bear
01-31-2008, 05:24 AM
The whole story doesn't make sense! I have dived the "Cave" and it is just a cavern in what they call the Park. No way you can get lost in it, it goes through the little island (Rock) and is maybe 40ft long at most! The story talks of the coast and the search for miles? Bandaras Bay is dirty with max viz at 30ft and does have strong currents! I don't think it is a "Cave" accident at all!