PDA

View Full Version : When Fish Attack!

Sarah
12-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Beware when Titan triggerfish are nesting. They can take a nice chunk out of you and we've heard of divers needing stitches.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5GSyt-iTPFM

Tigerbeach
12-10-2007, 12:24 AM
I've heard of trigger fish sashimi...

h2odragon1
12-10-2007, 12:55 AM
almost any fish will become a tiger if their nest is thretened. Even BlueGill at our local Quarry become very aggressive when on the nest, also if they feel they are not being fed enough by the divers. I had my ear 'attacked' and a small abrasion from the BlueGills, my wife was also attacked!:eek: :eek:

seasnake
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I keep getting bit by cunner here locally. They seem to find me tasty.

scuba smurf
12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
hehe it's actually quite funny to watch them chew on you as you try in vain to bat them away, hopefully I can catch it on video this year.

PinayDiver
12-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Reminded me of Pandan Island (Occidental Mindoro here in the Philippines) where, upon surfacing from snorkeling the house reef, a staffer asked: "How was Pakol today?" They actually named the Titan triggerfish (apparently, enough guests have mentioned being attacked :D) and consider his nipping at my fins part of the "welcome-to-the-island" initiation. My fond thoughts of the island and that particular triggerfish are intertwined :)