PDA

View Full Version : What do you bring on a dive trip to make diving more comfortable?

littleleemur
12-08-2007, 03:13 AM
Just wondering what everyone brings on a dive trip to make diving more comfortable?

Sometimes I bring knee-high stocking to prevent the bootie from chafing the back of my ankle on extended trips w/ repetitivediving. i.e. liveaboards.

I also bring throat lozenges to keep my throat moist from all that air.

lottie
12-08-2007, 07:48 AM
I also bring throat lozenges to keep my throat moist from all that air.

Mints are also good when you're doing repetitive dives as they help keep your sinuses and eustachian tubes clear.

lars2923
12-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I take along lots of money...

rubber chicken
12-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I take my wife.:D

The Publisher
12-08-2007, 01:56 PM
LittleLemur, that reminds me, I get these annoying wear marks on my toes from the lousy tropical wetsuit boots I have.

I need to try something like the Pinnacle merino wool lined dive boots which ought to be softer inside.

I know somewhere I've heard of black nylon thin dive socks to go inside the booties.

littleleemur
12-09-2007, 03:21 PM
They're the same thing, the thin black nylon dive socks and the stockings.... Again, the same scuba marketing rule applies. Once something has D I V E printed on it, you may charge tenfold.

To get guy sizes, try the Plus department/section. & look for "opaque". Sometimes the size is also labeled as "Queen" - no pun intended.

acelockco
12-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I bring some ganja.

BamaCaveDiver
12-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I bring some ganja.

Hehe, I like the way you think there ace :p Sounds like we need to hook up and do a dive one of these days :cool:

acelockco
12-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Anytime, but I must give you warning I don't venture too close to any caves......yet that is.

amtrosie
12-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Anytime, but I must give you warning I don't venture too close to any caves......yet that is.

Not too many wrecks in the caves! What ever will an avowed Jersey wreck diver do? :D :D :rolleyes:

acelockco
12-11-2007, 02:18 AM
I know, I know....LOL

I did find some great wreck diving in Florida.

Now even though I don't like "artificial" wrecks as much as natural ones, they are still a blast to dive on and MUCH MUCH better than a reef dive.

hbh2oguard
12-11-2007, 05:32 AM
LittleLemur, that reminds me, I get these annoying wear marks on my toes from the lousy tropical wetsuit boots I have.

I need to try something like the Pinnacle merino wool lined dive boots which ought to be softer inside.

I know somewhere I've heard of black nylon thin dive socks to go inside the booties.

Here's a link to a great company. They make the socks you are talking about. I don't know if you would want to wear them in the tropics but in cold water they help.

http://www.mysterioso.com/mtech.htm