PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody dived in Brazil ?

rubber chicken
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi guys,
Does any member of our worldwide fanbase,:) , have any info regarding diving in Brazil ?
I've tried Google et al, but am looking more for the personal opinion, recommendation etc.
One of my fellow Instructor candidates and I are considering a trip to somewhere different and Brazil is a possible.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Quero
12-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi guys,
Does any member of our worldwide fanbase,:) , have any info regarding diving in Brazil ?
I've tried Google et al, but am looking more for the personal opinion, recommendation etc.
One of my fellow Instructor candidates and I are considering a trip to somewhere different and Brazil is a possible.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sure. I've dived a fair amount in Brazil. What do you want to know?

rubber chicken
12-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Mainly the where's, when's & what's. the must see's, the mustn't do's. Absolutely anything really!:)
Trusty ol' google just seems to give me shop sites and while i am quite sure that they are all absolute paragons of veracity :rolleyes: I am quite interested in the more "independent" viewpoints.

Any info you've got would be useful and gratefully recieved.

DrBill
12-29-2007, 10:01 PM
From what I've heard from Brazilian friends and others, Fernando de Noronha and Abrolhas are two of the best sites to dive there. I've never been, but would like to go some time.

Purpleturtle
12-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I dived in Brazil this time last year. Only 4 hours down the coast from Rio, at Paraty. It wasnt a dedicated dive trip but we like to get under whenever we can. Its not the most spectacular diving but why not try it.

Heres the video that I shot in 2 dives....

YouTube - Scuba diving in Paraty, Brazil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKvSU62RWQ)