PDA

View Full Version : Hell0 from Istanbul

AlienateD
11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey i'm Ali,

- i just started diving in Fall 2007, a local Turkish site at Saroz and after getting my OpenWater Certificate, we travelled to Sharm El Sheikh to gain experience. We are going to visit Cuba and Jamaica, but i need places to dive (i hope to be Advanced OW before getting there)

I'm sorta invited by iDiveChick from Facebook - so i want a welcome party:P

i'm interested in Photography but i want to start cheap - is there any underwater casing for Sony T100 models ?

'nuff 4 today,

Ali-enated

Sarah
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Welcome Ali!

Sony has a housing called their MPK-THD

http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/d_stills/sony/t100/mpkthd_frnt.jpg
http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/d_stills/sony/t100/mpkthd_bk.jpg

acelockco
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Hello,

welcome to our hang out on the web. Don't worry, we had a party for you, sorry you missed it!

Anyway, I have been diving in Jamaicia so if you could tell me what part of the island you are staying I might be able to help you out a little more.

As far as advanced diving, there really is none in Jamaicia. Every dive is a group dive lead by a DM by Jamaican law. The reefs have been fished clean of all but the smallest fish. However the water is warm and clear and the ganja is outa'sight!

lottie
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Ali,
Welcome to our little space on the web and congrats on getting your OW cert.

I also agree with Ace - the diving in Jamaica isn't that great...St Lucia is better :) :) :) :)

AlienateD
11-08-2007, 08:55 AM
hey again - thanks for Sony Housing Chica'iDive - i'm trying to find cheaper rates - maybe a friend in US can find a better price...

acelocko: thanks for the info... i still don't know where we gonna stay -
you can always inform me the best jamaican site for diving we can arrange something around that - and how was my party:(

i'm sorry to hear big-fish-less reefs (i actually watched something about it yesterday on Nat.Geo Wild) ... what about shark behaviour :)) are they friendly? :)

lottie: maybe next time i'll go to St.Lucia - thanks for the advice

Sarah
11-08-2007, 09:00 AM
This is the least expensive I could find:

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/main_item.asp?id=964697765&rf=gword&gclid=CJGbrO7-zI8CFRdPagod80xj9g

acelockco
11-08-2007, 02:58 PM
acelocko: thanks for the info... i still don't know where we gonna stay -
you can always inform me the best jamaican site for diving we can arrange something around that - and how was my party:(

1st off, the party was great!

Now as far as Jamaicia, I stayed in Negril which is the west coast. It is supposedly the nicest area on the island, but that is only what I have been told. It was really nice though.

I would reccomend staying at any of the "All-Inclusive" resorts if you require any type of professionalism of your DM or boat/crew. If you go with one of the private dive shops, you will most likely be diving off a boat that was hand made from someones great great grandfather. It will have very limited if any safety gear and the operators will not follow the basic rules of dive boat operations.

I did dive with both a private shop and an all inclusive shop so I can really compair. If you book an all inclusive early enough, the cost really is not that bad and well worth it!

If you have any specific questions let me know and I will gladly help out.