PDA

View Full Version : Who went, what did you think?

lars2923
11-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Who went to DEMA?
What did you think?
What did you like most?
What did you like least?

The Publisher
11-05-2007, 01:16 AM
What great show!

We're working on the photos, and we have some scoops for all my fellow CCR divers.

We made some excellent connections with dive resorts that are going to be perfect for our SMN Group Trips, and we made some contacts with the right people at Continental, Singapore Air and Philippine Air whom we will be partnering with depending on destinations.

Oh, and the manatees uncharacteristically cooperated with us by swimming into the crystal clear spring portion of the Three Sisters area of Crystal River even though it wasn't cold enough yet for them.

What an amazing experience having endangered, magnificent animals swim right up to us, roll over and beg to be scratched, and we shot it all in HD video. There is nothing like having to turn your HD videocam delicate port away from the scratchy whiskers of a wild manatee wanting to nibble on your port!

You're all in for a treat.....

acelockco
11-05-2007, 02:27 AM
Sounds like you had the treat, we just get to see what we missed. Sounds really amazing, can't wait to see!

SCUBA411
11-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I just got home and I was unable to hook up with anyone from the forum, as I was much busier than I thought I would be.

I thought the show was pretty good, alot of seminars on monitoring of the reefs, I attended several marketing seminars, as well as the Pre show workshop on TRAVEL and Diver retention. Since it was only my second DEMA, I think there wre less people at this one. Over all it was a good time, I made it to Disney World on Thursday Afternoon but the rest of the time was spent doing market research. :)

I liked the Pre Show Workshop and POwer up your Morning sessions the most.

I did not like the fact that the floor was not opened until 10 AM

freediver
11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
The show was a little lackluster for me this year. I was going to shoot video of the show but it just wasn't all that interesting for me. I did hang out with World class freediver Martin Stepnek and of course my buds over at the Light & Motion booth. My friend and creator of Yazbeck Wetsuits (for freedivers), Roger Yazbeck, was a gracious roomie while there. Finally meeting Dave, The Publisher and freediving with Manatees was the highlight for me.

Overall show was somewhat disappointing for me as compared to last years show.

Not being one who likes Las Vegas, I'm not looking forward to next years show, although it is much closer than Orlando is...

TRIBOLUBE71
10-28-2008, 09:02 PM
thought the show was excellent we were an upstart to Christolube as we make an O2 compatible grease for 100% oxygen applications.

The show was a little lackluster for me this year. I was going to shoot video of the show but it just wasn't all that interesting for me. I did hang out with World class freediver Martin Stepnek and of course my buds over at the Light & Motion booth. My friend and creator of Yazbeck Wetsuits (for freedivers), Roger Yazbeck, was a gracious roomie while there. Finally meeting Dave, The Publisher and freediving with Manatees was the highlight for me.

Overall show was somewhat disappointing for me as compared to last years show.

Not being one who likes Las Vegas, I'm not looking forward to next years show, although it is much closer than Orlando is...

Papa Bear
10-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Freediver was posting in 2007 about the Florida DEMA not Vegas? Or I'm I missing something?

Papa Bear
10-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Great show and met up with old friends!
http://www.twotankedproductions.com/images/646__MG_9632_Wyland_Me_DEMA_08.jpg

I_AM
10-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi,
we just got back from Las Vegas were we had a booth at the DEMA 08 show.

It is a long show for exhibitors; from Tuesday (to assemble booth) to Saturday evening. My feet were killing me!

But the show was very good for us; we had lot of people stopping at our tiny booth. Initially they were perplexed on what our product was but then when they saw our demonstration of a virtual dive on the Spiegel Grove or the C53 or the dive park in Avalon .... their eyes went wide open.

We had all kind of folks coming over: Instructors/DMs, Dive Operators, Captains, Equipment Manufacturers, travel agencies, educational organizations, press and, last but not least, certification agencies.

Several Instructors really liked the demo of our virtual buddy diving. We plan to release it before the end of the year.

eDiving was even selected by Scuba Gadget as Best in Show (http://www.scubagadget.com/?p=176) in the technology section.

So, we are happy with the results and have lot of works to do to improve further our dive simulator.

We are planning to release the "preliminary" dive sites of the Spiegel Grove and the C53 by mid November.

We are also planning to add the possibility to select "real" equipment ...... so you can dress up with the gear that you normally use when you dive for good.

Dive Safe, eDive Often

DiveNav Team

I_AM
10-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Great show and met up with old friends!
http://www.twotankedproductions.com/images/646__MG_9632_Wyland_Me_DEMA_08.jpg

hey ... I spent 10 minutes with Wyland too ... I had to bring a PC to his huge booth and gave him a demo of our dive simulator while he was getting a tattoo :)

But I forgot to tell my buddy to take a picture of us :(

Papa Bear
11-01-2008, 04:36 AM
We loved your work and my buddy Tony came by to tell you so! Good Job! You must have been there right after me! He told me he was getting a new tat! The good part about lugging a camera, and then there is the lugging part! :D

wangyin
07-18-2011, 09:07 AM
What an exceptional know-how getting endangered, magnificent animals swim good as a whole whole lot as us, roll much more than and beg for getting scratched, and we shot it all in HD video. There is practically nothing like getting to turn your HD videocam delicate port apart within your scratchy whiskers of the wild manatee wanting to nibble in your port!