PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Henderson Arctic2 Drysuit XL

keithp
11-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Would anyone out there in SCUBA land have a, perferably new, Henderson Arctic 2 drysuit...size XL? I have one now, but it is getting quite used....Figures they would stop making the suit I like....Any help would be appreciated....Just let me know what you would be asking ($$$) for the suit...Thanks....

acelockco
11-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Good luck on that one, I have not seen a Henderson Dry Suit in YEARS!

It really stinks when you find something you like and you can't get a replacement or parts for it. Have you thought about servicing it? Really most dry suits should be able to take quite a good about of repairs and still work great. I know from first hand experience as I do dry suit repairs. Mine has more patches than a hippie's pants, but it works perfectly.

acelockco
11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
UPDATE:

I just found som info. on this dry suit. It is of a very old design, made out of 7mm rubber neoprene. It was also a entry level type suit. These type of suits are really being phased out for more modern gear. You should take a look at the new tri-lam suits and the crushed/compressed neoprene suits. They offer many advantages over the rubber neoprene suits.

If you have any questions, I will be glad to help.

Ace

By the way, welcome to the board!

BamaCaveDiver
11-03-2007, 03:49 PM
The old Henderson neoprene was a tough dry suit, and quite easy to patch with copius amounts of AquaSeal. We used to teasse my buddy that his had more glue than neoprene, but it kept him warm and dry (for the most part anyway) until he finally got his new DR suit. Good luck finding a replacement as I have not seen a non-repaired version of that suit in some time now.