PDA

View Full Version : Something else to do underwater...perhaps??

lottie
11-03-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnzUkkrHfM

acelockco
11-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Now if only a bis A$$ shark came by and ate those mo' fo's then it would have made me laugh.

Quero
11-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Loved it, Lottie! (And I'll bet the sharks enjoyed the show, too.)

Those guys are clearly expert dancers! I've tried something like this and it's not easy.... notice how fast they are breathing; counteracting the water resistance and buoyancy is a huge challenge (you can't wear fins, and you have to be rather negative just to stay on the sand).
I'll bet that was a short dive they way they were burning air.

seasnake
11-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I would guess the video has been "sped up".

eve4ever
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
that would be my guess!

Only 5 short week before I'm dancing on the sea bed !! :D

Quero
11-11-2007, 12:14 AM

Probably right, at least a little. The flutter kicks seem a tad fast, though the one guy's mask clearing seems to be close to what it takes in real time.

Anyway, it's very cool. You should try doing some unfishy movements sometime underwater without fins. It's tough but fun! When I went to the Galapagos a few years ago and did an equipment check dive at a site near a little port with just boulders around, we took off our fins and ran up to the boulders, used them as "springboards" and did summersaults in the water. Also at Galapagos I had the chance to "dance" and play with sea lions on a dive (I had the advantage of fins, at least), and I can tell you that I ended up breathing very fast in a very short time!

Steve K
11-13-2007, 06:05 AM
The Cameraman needs credit to.

lottie
11-25-2007, 12:38 PM
The Cameraman needs credit to.
Yes, most definitely - mustn't forget the people that you don't see...

I wonder how much practice of the dance steps they had before they went in the water - the first few moves were out of sync

littleleemur
12-15-2007, 06:28 PM
We used to do something like this (though not quite as elaborate) a few years back on our safetystops when diving in Phuket :p

Got the DM to spit her regs out laughing quite a few times :D

These guys are good and clearly do this on a regular basis to entertain others or have rehearshed on land. No way we'd do it on the seafloor though. Look at all that silt! Plus, you could step into something nasty.