PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a new girl !

eve4ever
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi Everyone !

My name is Yvonne from Liverpool, UK. I am very inexperienced at the moment, passed my basic PADI in Sharm, Egypt May 2007 with Red Sea College ( superb dive school, by the way).

I am spending three weeks in Thailand in December, plan is to do my advanced in Koh Tao and head over to Surin & Similian Islands for further practice!

Would love to hear any hints or tips to help me along the way.

lottie
10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
hi Yvonne.
Welcome to our little space on the web.
Congrats on doing your OW - I did mine in May as well.

There are loads of people on here that can give you some travel tips and other information for when you're in Thailand in December.

lars2923
10-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Never hold your breath while ascending.

Welcome to our world......
It's an interesting family.

Sarah
10-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi Eve, welcome to the SMN Community!

We've been talking a lot about future SMN Group dive destinations, so let us know what you think of Koh Tao and the Similians? We'd love to hear a trip report and see some photos!

:) Sarah

rubber chicken
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
G'day, Can i call you scouse ?:D

My tip, Try and come up the same number of times you go down.:D

Tigerbeach
10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Yvonne.
My advise is, always...no never....
I forget.

eve4ever
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
G'day, Can i call you scouse ?:D

My tip, Try and come up the same number of times you go down.:D

I had an ex boyfriend who told me that once, although that was before i discovered scuba so i have no idea what he meant !

eve4ever
10-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi Eve, welcome to the SMN Community!

We've been talking a lot about future SMN Group dive destinations, so let us know what you think of Koh Tao and the Similians? We'd love to hear a trip report and see some photos!

:) Sarah

I would be happy to, only 5 weeks 4 days, 11 hours and 16 mins to go !:D

PinayDiver
10-31-2007, 05:00 AM
Sarah and Lottie,
Eve says she's practicing in the Similians!
Yeah, Eve, tell us how it goes. We have an entire thread on our plan to dive there (among other places) :)
I've been asking around myself, an acquaintance is going on the Queen Scuba run by Coral Grand--and she just had to add that if I want to "drool with jealousy so much that you dehydrate," there's The Junk, "a pricier but amazing liveaboard." Funny girl :)

My requisite tip: Check rental gear twice, thrice!

eve4ever
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Sarah and Lottie,
Eve says she's practicing in the Similians!
Yeah, Eve, tell us how it goes. We have an entire thread on our plan to dive there (among other places) :)
I've been asking around myself, an acquaintance is going on the Queen Scuba run by Coral Grand--and she just had to add that if I want to "drool with jealousy so much that you dehydrate," there's The Junk, "a pricier but amazing liveaboard." Funny girl :)

My requisite tip: Check rental gear twice, thrice!

Doing my advanced with Coral Grand ! Will give their equipment room the thrice over for you and report back! :D

fooddude
11-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Welcome aboard!

WE are a crazy cast of characters, but we have lots of fun.

FD