PDA

View Full Version : Housing for Sony HDR-CX7?

HSR
10-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi - Wondering if anyone knows which housings would fit with new Sony AVCHD memory stick camcorder CX-7? THis camera doesn't have a LANC input (I don't think), and I shoot a lot on the go on land, so it works well for me there, but wondering what UW housings might work? I've checked the manufacturers' web sites and most of them don't list the camera yet. Looks like Equinox Pro 5 will work, but would like to know other options. Any help for a rookie here?

Thanks!

freediver
10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi - Wondering if anyone knows which housings would fit with new Sony AVCHD memory stick camcorder CX-7? THis camera doesn't have a LANC input (I don't think), and I shoot a lot on the go on land, so it works well for me there, but wondering what UW housings might work? I've checked the manufacturers' web sites and most of them don't list the camera yet. Looks like Equinox Pro 5 will work, but would like to know other options. Any help for a rookie here?

Thanks!
I have a fair amount of contact with the top tier housing manufacturers and more than likely the housings will be Equinox and Ikelite.

I'll do some poking around while at DEMA to see if I can get the official word.

sjspeck
10-30-2007, 05:27 AM
Hi - Wondering if anyone knows which housings would fit with new Sony AVCHD memory stick camcorder CX-7? THis camera doesn't have a LANC input (I don't think), and I shoot a lot on the go on land, so it works well for me there, but wondering what UW housings might work?

This is the new Seatool. I just saw a reference to it on another board. Nothing on their website yet so it's probably being introduced this week at DEMA.