PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

pippaashley
10-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi there, My name is Pippa and I live in Tingewick, Buckinghamshire England. This is a very rural area not too far from Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
I am a member of The Scuba Trust. This is an organisation that teaches or reteaches disabled people to scuba dive. We have try-dives once a month at The Lord Mayor Treloar's college in Alton, Hampshire UK. We always need helpers and instructors! If you want to find out more about us please visit www.scubatrust.org.uk. I started out as an able bodied helper, learnt to dive and now have developed Osteo arthritis and joined the disabled crew!
We organise, and take all those who want to go, on holidays to warmer climes.
For most disabled people being underwater puts them on an equal footing with able-bodied friends and at least one of our members has told me it is the only time he is free of pain.
I am a veyr basic, girly type of diver. I don't want to explore caves or wrecks (in fact as I am a bit claustrophobic I'd hate it) I just like the calmness of it all, gently bimbling along looking at pretty fish. No sharks for me thank you!:)

Sarah
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi Pippa welcome to the our fun home!

rubber chicken
10-18-2007, 02:51 PM
G'day Pippa,
If you ever need any info etc for West Australia, get in touch. I'd be glad to help out in any way I can.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

lottie
10-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Pippa, welcome to our little space.
Before I moved out to St Lucia, I used to live in Didcot..which is about 30 or so minutes drive from blenheim palace.

If you ever need any info about diving in St Lucia, let me know. You sound like you have a great job there and a very rewarding one as well.