PDA

View Full Version : Aladin tec failure to connect

mismail
10-16-2007, 12:49 AM
i have a Aladin Tec dive computer, it was working great and synchronising directly with my laptop and my PDA. tonight i was checking it cause i am going to hurghada tomorrow for diving, it failed to connect to both my PDA and my laptop.
Please help me out, i donno what happened it was functioning great, and this is the first time it happens, i am so upset.
If anyone, went thru this before or knows how i can figure out this problem please let me know.
thanks in advance.

Sarah
10-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Anyway to reset it?

hbh2oguard
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Don't get too upset, it could be worse. Hell I don't even bother syncing my computer. As long as the computer works it's not the end of the world. My aladin prime broke and it's been in the shop for a few weeks, back to the tables and I've been fine:)

mismail
10-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Anyway to reset it?
Donno if it has something to reset, but defenetly no clear way in the manual, i even tried to remove the battery but nothing happened.

mismail
10-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Don't get too upset, it could be worse. Hell I don't even bother syncing my computer. As long as the computer works it's not the end of the world. My aladin prime broke and it's been in the shop for a few weeks, back to the tables and I've been fine:)

well, thanks anyhow, it seems one should always never fully depend on new tech devices, and it will always be so important to never forget how to use the tables.
thanks again.

hbh2oguard
10-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Fully agree, sometimes new technology doesn't alway work. After my computer turned off twice during a dive, I brought it in. I've been using a old depth gauge and pressure gauge I had and it's worked fine. I don't normally do numerous dives in one day so I haven't missed a computer except for the assent rate.

acelockco
10-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Fully agree, sometimes new technology doesn't alway work. After my computer turned off twice during a dive, I brought it in. I've been using a old depth gauge and pressure gauge I had and it's worked fine. I don't normally do numerous dives in one day so I haven't missed a computer except for the assent rate.

And of course you know all you have to do is watch your smallest bubble to know that.

hbh2oguard
10-23-2007, 06:20 AM
yea that's what I've been do, and also going up as fast as my buddy with a computer(yes I know you shouldn't use another persons computer) because blablabla but I haven't had any problems.

acelockco
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
So with that idea, I guess you will continue to do it unitll you do have a problem? Well what then?

hbh2oguard
10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
no not untill I have a problem, untill I get my computer back from the shop.

acelockco
10-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Just busting your stones man.

hbh2oguard
10-24-2007, 06:31 AM
I knew that just wondering what's taking so long for them to send me a new one:confused:

acelockco
10-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Long? Has it been the 8-16 weeks yet for processing?

Tigerbeach
10-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Maybe he can text message his buddy and see if his computer follows just the small bubbles.

hbh2oguard
10-26-2007, 06:28 PM
About a month but that's what the guy at the dive shop said it would take. But as long as I eventually get a working computer back I'll be happy. Very funny tigerbeach I think I have to invest in one of those multi purpose computer,locator, text messeger things in the near future:p