PDA

View Full Version : Real Housewifes Blog : scuba diving

lottie
10-15-2007, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2SQ2sDQ_s

This is good (and funny)...especially when she mentions about the breathing thingy...

So what is all the fuss about?? ;) ;)

acelockco
10-15-2007, 08:21 PM
That was cute.

I would never want to be anywhere near that girl in the water. She seems like an accident waiting to happen! Maybe she should stick with the snorkeling. Wait she does not even have that on correctly.

Papa Bear
10-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I think it is a great PSA! You can lead a spouse to water, but you can't make them into a diver! :D :eek: :cool:

hbh2oguard
10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
ace what do you mean? the snorkel is on the left in the right place?? But have to say not too bad. Maybe the husband want's to practice on a victim/ deal with his first death before finishing med school.

Daddy-h2O
10-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Check her other vlogs, she gets certified and is very stoked about it. I think it was just newbie jitters.

Wait she does not even have that on correctly. Yes Ace, her bikini is on correctly....

acelockco
10-16-2007, 03:46 AM
Bikini?? That "bikini" is the size of a pup-tent!

No the snorkel is so low that it would be underwater if she was using it. I am sure she just did it so it would be out of the way when she was talking.

Daddy-h2O
10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
sorry, :confused: I didn't notice a snorkle :D

acelockco
10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Maybe you can show her how to really use a snorkle the right way?!?

dalehall
10-17-2007, 12:07 AM
LOL!!! I love her.. That was great.. Not everyone is as passionate as we are and I, for one, love her candid nature about it.. Of course, she's funny and open about it in her kitchen, but I'd be willing to bet she's a whiny little tart on the boat.
Thanks for sharing Lottie!!!

Daddy-h2O
10-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Maybe you can show her how to really use a snorkle the right way?!?

Thats another forum, but a good idea:)

hbh2oguard
10-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Ace I noticed that but just assumed it was there to be out of the way, plus when I'm not using mine it's probably about that low so it's out of the way

PinayDiver
10-17-2007, 02:11 PM
I think we can safely bet that your respective partners (or, hey, even you) thought the same things (cumbersome equipment, looking and sounding funny, the many ways you can kill yourself while diving) at one time or another :D

hbh2oguard
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
I have to say I never thought of the ways I could kill my self diving, still don't. Recreational diving seems pretty safe atleast to me, it's when you start pushing the limits and start doing mix gasses and all the other fancy stuff, your asking for trouble. Maybe I'm wrong but for now I'm sticking to the basics.

PinayDiver
10-19-2007, 04:20 AM
In my case, during my entire OW course years back, the initial socializing into the immediate diving community inevitably included story-swapping about horror stories (meant as cautionary tales, so yes, I thought about the ways I could inadvertently off myself :eek:).
From a diver flown off by currents (flashing a mirror saved him); to coming upon a lifeless diver on what was suppose to be a regular dive, turning into body retrieval (our DM tried to resuscitate her but it was too late); to the instructor, while helping another diver, landing on fire coral himself.
I guess our instructor then figured that if we scared us (as newbies) enough, we’ll never take anything for granted and we’ll know how to talk-down anxiety. And then, he can free this batch of guppies. Eventually, of course, the double-checking became second nature, and the more enjoyable the dives.

hbh2oguard
10-19-2007, 06:31 AM
well those are some good reasons

dalehall
10-20-2007, 12:07 AM
it's when you start pushing the limits and start doing mix gasses and all the other fancy stuff, your asking for trouble.

You're only asking for trouble if you don't get the proper training, IMO. Nothing, what-so-ever, wrong with sticking to the basics. But, going further isn't asking for a death sentence either.;)

amtrosie
10-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I have to say I never thought of the ways I could kill my self diving, still don't. Recreational diving seems pretty safe atleast to me, it's when you start pushing the limits and start doing mix gasses and all the other fancy stuff, your asking for trouble. Maybe I'm wrong but for now I'm sticking to the basics.

The first thing I must address here is the misconception that diving is 100% safe. It is not!!! If it were, every body would be doing it, and there would not be stacks of liability forms for setting foot inside a dive store! Your dive and the preceding plan must all be done with the knowledge that doing this could very well kill you! To ignore that is take a GIGANTIC step towards the grave! IGNORING THE RISKS DOES NOT NEGATE THE RISK!!!!

Nothing wrong with sticking to the basics, but just because it is not right for you or maybe it is right for you, does not make it right or wrong for another. The concept of crawling before walking, walking before running, and running before sprinting comes to mind.

For the beginner, the recreational limits are a vast area to dive within, as experience, time, and maturity come in to play, (and gills, for some) other avenues of diving will open up and become of interest to the divers. What interests one diver will not interest another. To undertake one avenue of diving does not neccessarily set one up for death. I dive caves, mixed gases, numerous overhead environments (including ice diving). The diving is not fancy, just requires an even greater degree of attention to detail.

I think you get the point, so I'll not belabor the point.