PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead

hbh2oguard
10-14-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't know if any of you have heard of this band but they've decied to give their latest album away for what ever you want to pay for it. I just downloaded it and it's pretty good I liked their older stuff more. Here's the link http://www.inrainbows.com/ No this isn't some up and comming band, do a quick search if you've never heard of them.

Sarah
10-14-2007, 12:54 AM
I heard about it too....there seems to be a base fee though, but the entire affair is a marketing coup, as everyone is talking about it.

hbh2oguard
10-14-2007, 04:54 AM
yea it is, but it's a very risky marketing decision that will probably pay off.

acelockco
10-14-2007, 05:15 AM
You mean there are actually people out there that pay for music?

hbh2oguard
10-14-2007, 06:41 AM
what do you mean ace? lime wire??

acelockco
10-14-2007, 02:46 PM
isohunt

hbh2oguard
10-14-2007, 06:09 PM
a new one on me, I'll have to check it out

acelockco
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
If you need help, send me a PM and I will explain how it all works. It is a bit involved, but it works. And you can get just about anything there!

hbh2oguard
10-14-2007, 11:58 PM
I think I've figured it out. I was having problems at first untill I downloaded Utorrent. After the album is downloaded can you just drag it into Itunes?

acelockco
10-15-2007, 01:01 AM
I don't use itunes, but after it is done being downloaded you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

Be very careful for viruses on that place, but if you have up to date anti-virus software you will be fine.

By the way, think bigger than music, think DVD's and $oftware!!! Full versions of just about everything. ;)

hbh2oguard
10-15-2007, 02:24 AM
yea I've explored. So should anything in red under the download be avoided?

acelockco
10-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't know what you mean about anything in red. Please explain and I will let you know.

hbh2oguard
10-15-2007, 06:36 PM
once you click on the file you want to download, a part opens that you can scroll down and see everything that's included in the download. Some is green and some is red, some is even bold red. That's what I was wondering about, if that makes any more sense.

acelockco
10-15-2007, 08:11 PM
humm....I don't really know.

Maybe you are talking about the additional files that are added to the download (tracker files)?

I am under the impression they are necessary for the download to go faster, but I am not sure on that. I always download them and then delete them later. They are small files and my virus software is updated daily.

The only place I have found viruses are embedded in some programs. Just check the file size and make sure things look right and keep your anti virus updated and you should be fine.

hbh2oguard
10-15-2007, 11:04 PM
yea I meant the tracker things, but I've run a few full system scans after downloading and nothing has come up. Thanks for the advice.

PinayDiver
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
yea it is, but it's a very risky marketing decision that will probably pay off.

CNN aired this (Radiohead letting fans buy their music at the price they want, Prince releasing his music over the internet, Madonna signing up with Live Nation, for example) today, how digital music has overtaken CD/physical formats and how, with plummeting record sales, the money is in live concerts. So yep, the buzz/goodwill is apparently designed to draw in the concert ticket-buying crowd.

hbh2oguard
10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
very true but are they even kicking off a tour?

PinayDiver
10-18-2007, 10:25 AM
A general "selected cities in 2008" is the tour announcement for Radiohead, so far, and fans on message boards everywhere are getting antsy (complete with mock-announcements by stir-crazy forum members, met with violent responses for getting hopes up for nothing).
I just remembered that CNN also mentions Nine Inch Nails in the same breath in their discussion of bands who divorced their labels, gave away music on the net, and are gearing up to tour.

hbh2oguard
10-18-2007, 07:51 PM
oh thanks for the info