PDA

View Full Version : Ear Plugs

DeepThinker
10-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Anyone had experience with "Doc's Proplugs" (the vented kind for diving)? If they work as advertised, would love to give them a try.
I hate getting ear infections and am tired of sometimes wasting 1000 pounds trying to get to 90 feet! I have tried Sudofed and all of the techniques ( I start clearing when I wake up in the morning.)

Thanks for any input....

Papa Bear
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I have been told by people who have used them that they do! I would say give them a try what do you have to lose and we would all like to then hear about your experience! ;)

DeepThinker
10-07-2007, 09:41 PM
I think I will give them a try, but you will have to wait until next summer for my report!

dhammer
10-09-2007, 04:53 AM
I got a pair and tried them. In the water, I didn't feel like they made any difference. But then, I wasn't really having any particular trouble equalizing or anything. Like you, I was trying to minimize the amount of water getting into the ears. That works fine in the very short term, but since they're designed to let water in slowly, there comes a point where your ears fill up anyway. And I didn't like the way they made me feel "plugged" before and after a dive. Plus, they're easy to lose.
If your concern is ear infections, I think a better solution is to use ear drying drops after the day's dives.

hbh2oguard
10-09-2007, 06:32 AM
never used doc's for scuba but have for surfing. Them seemed to work fine but again I was never under any sort of pressure.

Finless
10-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Anyone had experience with "Doc's Proplugs" (the vented kind for diving)? If they work as advertised, would love to give them a try.
I hate getting ear infections and am tired of sometimes wasting 1000 pounds trying to get to 90 feet! I have tried Sudofed and all of the techniques ( I start clearing when I wake up in the morning.)

Thanks for any input....

Have you looked at the http://www.*********.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ProEar? I can't comment on how or if they work.

With ref to ear infections, I got one as a result of diving in Menorca and suffice to say I hadn't ever felt so ill or such consistent pain!

Since then I always use Swim Ear after every dive. I'm sure there are similar products available around the world.