PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Busan, Korea~~

xxchangwoo0120xx
10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi everyone~~!! I'm so glad that applied here.

My full name is LEE Chang-Woo. Chang-Woo is my first name. LEE is my family name. I'm 18-year-old boy from Republic of Korea. I born & live in Yeongdo Island, Busan city, Korea. For reference, Busan is located in southeast in Korea: from Seoul(capital of Korea) about 420km to southeast and Tsushima Island(in Japan) about 80km to northwest.

I'm 12th in high school student. I'll take CSAT(College Scholastic Aptitude Test: university entrance exam) on November 15th. I go to Kwang-Myung high school. I'm so busy about school life.

My hobbies are reading newspaper, listen to the music, listen to the radio, travel, swimming, etc. I'd love to do extreme sports such as scuba diving but I can't anything. Someday I want to do X-sports, such as scuba diving.

I'm interested in politics, music, society, international, etc. By the way, I'd love to travel but no time for me now. Besides I haven't been another country. The longest spot where I visited was Imjingak: it is away from my house in Busan about 500km to northwest. It is very close from Gaeseong, North Korea(away from there about 15km).

I speak Korean, English, and little Spanish. I learned Spanish at PUFS(Pusan Universoty of Foreign Studies) Spanish lecture for high school student last year.

My favorite bands are TVXQ[KR], BoA[KR], BigBang[KR], Avril Lavigne[CA], Sweetbox[??], LEE Hyo-ri, etc. I also love Korean Traditional Music and classical music.

I sometimes watch TV. I usually watch historical drama, documentary programs, news, etc.

Have a nice day :)
==============================
About IM
MSN ; xxchangwoo0120xx@hotmail.com
AIM ; xxchangwoo0120xx
myspace : http://www.myspace.com/bstbn004_korea

Greetings form Busan, Korea

- LEE Chang-Woo -

My experience scuba diving

Hello~~

I'll tell about my experience scuba diving.

One is at pool and the other is in ocean. I'll tell about in ocean on July 30th 2006. I was 17.

I dived at Taejongdae in Yeongdo Island, Busan, Korea. I haven't a license. So I applied "experience scuba diving".

I arrived Taejongdae at 2:30 p.m. and prepared diving. I wore one-piece long-sleeve and long-pants wetsuit. Putting on wetsuit was very difficult :( So it takes more 5 minutes and hurt my finger because wetsuit was very tight. So someone helped.

After putting wetsuit I and instructor snorkeling. After snorkeling, I and instructor dived. I and instructor dived 10m(32.8ft). In fact I really want to dive until 20~30m(65.6~98.4ft) but dived 10m(32.8ft). I saw sea urchins, starfishes, and a few fishes.

I was disappointed about scenery but it was fun.

Someday I want to get a license.

Sarah
10-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Welcome Lee!

You're in for a lot of fun when you finally get to scuba dive in the ocean. :)

acelockco
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Chang-Woo,

Welcome to our SCUBA site. There is lots of information here for you to read and learn from.

Hopefully you will be able to get certified soon. I don't know about colleges in Korea, but some colleges do offer SCUBA class.

I doubt that SCUBA will ever be an X-Game, but it is a cool thought. I just don't know what the competition will be about. Maybe all drop to 200 feet on AIR and give them puzzles to solve. You know the "Beat the Narcosis" game.

Have a great one

Ace

Tigerbeach
10-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Welcome aboard, Chang-Woo!

I hope the recent events in your country are as positive as possible!

Please feel free to ask us any question about diving you can think of.
There are hundreds of years of experience here to help, inform, and play with.

Anthony