PDA

View Full Version : UWATEC Aladin Prime

hbh2oguard
09-30-2007, 03:32 AM
Does anyone have this computer or has heard anything about problems with the battery life. Mine is a little over a year old and the first (origional) battery lasted 6-8 months. Second battery lasted 3 weeks. Third battery lasted 5 dives. Replaced the battery for the fourth time today and I'll see how long it lasts. I know it's not the battery so I'm thinking it has a short or something and is frying or draining the batteries. Any help???

hbh2oguard
09-30-2007, 03:36 AM
Maybe this should be int Manufacturers' Q & As oh well don't want to double post.

Fmac
10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi
This is a known problem with a batch of Aladin Prime computers. Take it back to an authorised dealer, explain the problem and they should send it back to the manufacturers, who in turn should replace the computer.

I know of three people, including myself, who have had this problem and have got a replacement computer from uwatec.

Hope this helps

hbh2oguard
10-03-2007, 12:15 AM
thank's I was hesistant to due to the expences.

hbh2oguard
10-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Took it in and should be getting a new one, only problem I was told it could take from a week up to a month. Better break out the dive tables:)

acelockco
10-03-2007, 01:40 AM
If you purchased it at your LDS and it being repaired, they should give you a loaner unit. If not I guess you could rent one, or go back to playing with the tables. If you do go back to the tables, at least you will get the practice in.

hbh2oguard
10-03-2007, 02:25 PM
well I returned it to an authorized dealer but not the one I bought it from because it went out of business. I didn't really ask for a loaner, nor did they offer. I don't have any deep dives or real long dives planned where a computer can be handy so off to study the tables.

hbh2oguard
11-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Well just a little follow up. I just picked up a brand new computer that was replaced for my old one basically for free. I had to pay $15 for shipping. It was nice to see a company that backs up their products.

divemaster19
03-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I have the same exact problem with my uwatec computer....it now says E-6 whatever that means.

I was wondering if since i bought it from a retailer who is not an official uwatec dealer, will i have serious problems trying to trade in this faulty product for a new one or who should i contact.

feel free to write me at divemaster19@hotmail.com

littleleemur
03-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Their older computers required you to send it back in for a battery change periodically. This was a set time based on an average person's # of dives and length of dives. So the actual battery usage icon doesnt really work past a certain point! It's not accurate when the battery life is low-er. It jumps from 1/3 to 0! My buddy's computer showed ERR mid-dive b/c his battery died! It was showing battery at 30% during the previous surface interval.

He sent it in and instead of replacing the battery, they gave him a new one saying that it was designed to NOT fail underwater.

Send yours in, I'm sure they will check it out for you :)

hbh2oguard
03-05-2008, 12:15 AM
I have the same exact problem with my uwatec computer....it now says E-6 whatever that means.

I was wondering if since i bought it from a retailer who is not an official uwatec dealer, will i have serious problems trying to trade in this faulty product for a new one or who should i contact.

feel free to write me at divemaster19@hotmail.com

You won't have a problem. Go to a authorized retailer and they will send it in for you. The shop I bought my from went out of business so I brought it to a different shop and they sent it in, no questions asked. I don't know if that the same problem because mine wouldn't even turn on. I think the recall is computers made a little before and after 04-05. The new one works great so good luck!