PDA

View Full Version : Your diving activity???

texdiveguy
01-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I know there is no really good short list to post on your general scuba diving interests,,,,so many great areas of interest in the sport. Just a general poll to get things going. :)

Al Mialkovsky
01-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I am a full time instructor and have been for some time now but I do dive for fun whenever possible.

Humanphibian
01-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I've been a little dry this winter (sent 1 kid off to UT this fall) but generally dive year round.

I'm a NAUI Training Assistant at *********. I tend to gravitate toward Tech type diving. Deep and/or blackwater dives with plenty of overhead (trees) stuff to grab you are kind of the norm here in Texas.

texdiveguy
01-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I have been a PADI DM for several years now....enjoying working with classes/students on occassion when not diving for fun. I also am Trimix certified and enjoy deep fresh water diving mainly,,,,hitting salt water only a few times each year. I do dive year round,,and enjoy the challenges of low vis and or chilly water diving. I like rec/sport and tec diving. Wreck diving is also of high interest. :-)

Humanphibian
01-11-2007, 03:26 AM
I have been a PADI DM for several years now....enjoying working with classes/students on occassion when not diving for fun. I also am Trimix certified and enjoy deep fresh water diving mainly,,,,hitting salt water only a few times each year. I do dive year round,,and enjoy the challenges of low vis and or chilly water diving. I like rec/sport and tec diving. Wreck diving is also of high interest. :-)

and don't forget Resident Lake Murray Expert;)

texdiveguy
01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
and don't forget Resident Lake Murray Expert;)

....thats right.....:cool: :)

allisonfinch
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
:rolleyes:

Actually, I fit several catagories, but the photo was my first choice.

Sarah
01-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes, where is the multiple choice button? lol....:)

amtrosie
01-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Have been diving for many years. Snorkled the Pacific since the late 60's. I have gravitated to the technical side of the "loonie bin". It suits my personality, and I love the fiddling with all my gear! The challenges are a real upper. Cave diving is the ultimate! :D

Sarah
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Amtrosie, you snuck past me signing up before I had a chance to give you a proper welcome!

Nice to see you here at ScubaMagazine.

:)

Jason Ooi
01-12-2007, 01:46 AM
I am a freelance Instructor, doing training and vacation dives in HK and Philippines

seasnake
01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
I dive year 'round for fun, in the last few years have been progressing into some mild tech dives, hope to continue pursuing that ... love diving wrecks, structures and big landscapes (walls, cliffs, canyons), but lately have been getting into critter indentification. I am a NAUI instructor and do that part-time.

seafox
01-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I dive all year around from the 80F Florida waters to the 34F Lake Ontario waters.
I enjoy UW photography and UW HD Video.
I teach right up to Tech Trimix and Closed Circuit Rebreathers, summers mostly in Canada, winters mostly in Florida.
"Life is a beach"
But mostly, "Life is what you make it"! ;)

Cornel

WarmWaterdiver
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I dive purely for enjoyment of the underworld splendor. My rules are simple. 1- the water has to be warm; 2 - the water has to be clear; 3 - never touch the wildlife; and 4 - the wildlife never touches me.
However, I aim to be DM certified and possibly OWSI certified not because I wish to join the thousands who work for peanuts but because after all that training, surely I will be a better diver.

butch103
02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Why is the poll closed? Especially with only 19 votes

WarmWaterdiver
02-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Why is the poll closed? Especially with only 19 votes
I figured they collected enough bribes to make the talley. why else does a poll close?

Sarah
02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Lol, users can define how long polls stay open I think.

DrBill
04-11-2007, 05:45 AM
Well, I'm somewhere between videographer and tech diver... but only do the tech diving to get video of certain species.