PDA

View Full Version : how do you attach the hose for the computer???

newdiver07
09-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm a new diver and just bought a Aeris AI. I know it has to connect to a High pressure port, but other than that I'm clueless. I'v been told that I should not attach it myself but find it hard to believe that its a difficult process to screw in the hose. Is there any reason I should not do this myself? Is there something else I need to do before screwing in the hose??

The Publisher
09-19-2007, 12:34 AM
NewDiver, welcome to the ScubaMagazine.net Community!

Nice computer choice by the way. Of course the lawyers will require that we tell you to read and follow the computer manual.

Having said that, most who are not familiar will take their rig to their local dive shop where they bought their toys and have them show you how to hook it up,program it and use it.

Normally a hose based computer screws into one of the high pressure ports on your first stage. You have to be able to recognize the difference between the HP and LP ports. Normally the 1st stage area ports have markings such as LP and HP, which tend to be dead give away! lol.

Since the o-ring does the sealing, normally it does not require a supertanker load of torque to get it to seal. Check your manual to see if they have a torque recommendation. For me, I just snug the thing down and make sure the o-ring is the superior Viton o-ring and then lube the o-ring it with Christolube, but again, refer to your user manual!

If you've lost it, Aeris has one online that can be found here (http://www.diveaeris.com/p_computers_ai_manual.html)

Of course, the lawyers say I should tell you to make sure the manual is the right one for your computer. Geez, I know! lol

http://www.diveaeris.com/Images/p_computers_ai_dlx1.jpg

acelockco
09-19-2007, 04:04 AM
You will most likely need an allan key (sometimes called an allan wrench or a hex key - very inexpensive tool) to take out the HP port cover on your 1st stage.

You will then screw in the threaded end of the hose into the threaded port that is now open. Use an open end wrench or an adjustable wrench to tighten it down. It has to be snug, plus about 1/4 turn and you should be fine.

A packet of lube should be included for the o-ring unless it is pre lubed. If it is not, get some silicone grease at your dive shop and just a VERY VERY small coating on the o-ring.

If you need any additional info, please send photos and I will walk you though it step by step.

TRIBOLUBE71
10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
We manufacture an alternate to christo-lube it is called TRIBOLUBE and was shown as a major competitor this year at dema (last week in Vegas)

NewDiver, welcome to the ScubaMagazine.net Community!

Nice computer choice by the way. Of course the lawyers will require that we tell you to read and follow the computer manual.

Having said that, most who are not familiar will take their rig to their local dive shop where they bought their toys and have them show you how to hook it up,program it and use it.

Normally a hose based computer screws into one of the high pressure ports on your first stage. You have to be able to recognize the difference between the HP and LP ports. Normally the 1st stage area ports have markings such as LP and HP, which tend to be dead give away! lol.

Since the o-ring does the sealing, normally it does not require a supertanker load of torque to get it to seal. Check your manual to see if they have a torque recommendation. For me, I just snug the thing down and make sure the o-ring is the superior Viton o-ring and then lube the o-ring it with Christolube, but again, refer to your user manual!

If you've lost it, Aeris has one online that can be found here (http://www.diveaeris.com/p_computers_ai_manual.html)

Of course, the lawyers say I should tell you to make sure the manual is the right one for your computer. Geez, I know! lol

http://www.diveaeris.com/Images/p_computers_ai_dlx1.jpg

Papa Bear
10-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Aries and Ocanic are the same company and you will like your new toy, they make good stuff! Just make sure the bleed valve is to the left! ;):rolleyes: