PDA

View Full Version : Invited to Maldives

lars2923
09-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I have received an invitation to dive with M/V Eagle Ray in Maldives.
Anyone having any information on the following, woul dbe helpful.

1) Getting there from the States (Which airlines)
2) Anything about Live Aboard Eagle Ray
3) Anything else you care to add

Thanks for your time in responding, in advance.

lottie
09-14-2007, 01:39 AM
i'm afraid i can't help with your questions, but the maldives!!!! wow...when/if you get out there, I hope you have a great time :)

The Publisher
09-14-2007, 02:27 AM
Other than the below info, I know absolutely nothing. ;)

Built 2005, launched in 2006

100 foot / 30 meters
Beam: 27 feet / 8.4 meters

Maximum 14 passengers

3 double, 4 twins (all cabins with en suites) Hot & Cold water, Air conditioning, Specious & luxurious 10ft x 12ft area carpeted room hosting with Mini Bar.

Full Space Dinning Hall / Buffet Style, Lounge with Sofas, Full service Bar

Hi-Fi, TV, VCR, DVD, Internet, Library and Table Games

Yamaha Diesel Motor 280 BHP, Cruising Speed 10 knots / hrs

220 volts and 110 volts A/C, 12/24 volts DC

Medical Oxygen with required Accessories, Dan Oxygen Kit on the Dive Tender, Medical Lockers on Board, Air Compressor main unit type L&W 420 liters/min, 12 Tanks steel 92 cubic ft/15 liters, 18 Tanks Aluminum 82 cubic ft/12liters

VHF Radios/GPS Chart Plotter/Depth Sounder/Cell Phones/Small fiber speed launch 25 hp to visit Island

8-12 crew on board who have had over 8 to 10 years of Experience on field. Dive Master have over 15 years experience and willensure clients satisfaction with the Dives & overall operation of the Eagle Ray:
http://www.maldivesdivingadventure.com/images/divemaldives.gif

Fly Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Asiar, Quatar Air, etc.

Male international Airport in Hulhule Island is just one kilometer away from the Male city, the capital of Maldives.

Quero
09-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Diving in the Maldives is excellent. I've been twice--once at a land-based resort and once on an LOB (the Julia).

The boat you are on sure looks like a beauty!

Getting to Male: Singapore Airlines and Malaysian both have nonstops from New York and LAX to S'pore and Kuala Lumpur, respectively. From either hub you can get a direct flight to Male. Other carriers may stop in Colombo first (or on the return).

Landing in Male is amazing. It's a little island that was landfilled in order to make a long enough runway for landing big jets, but once you're down, the airport itself is a tiny--one baggage carrousel! You walk out of the airport and step into a boat! Literally! The island on which Male (the capital) is located is across a channel, and every resort is on its own island. LOBs are the way to go in the Maldives for experienced divers since the country is so spread out.