PDA

View Full Version : if its not one thing, its another

lottie
09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
One week before I'm flying off to St Maarten to do some diving, I get a stinker of a cold and viral tonsillitis to boot.

So it's gonna be a case of no diving for Lottie (again!). Even if i did feel better by next week, i don't really wanna chance it especially as i've already busted my eardrum once this year.

But looking on the bright side, at least it'll give me more time to do some shopping.

i'm off back to my sick bed :(

fooddude
09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Feel better, Lottie.

Sarah
09-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Did someone say shopping?! :)

Get well!

fooddude
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Aren't there any other activities you could participate in besides scuba? How about catching a wave (are there any?) or go hiking? Or even just play beach volleyball with a few pieces of eye candy?

Once again, feel better.

FD

lottie
09-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Well.. shopping was the second most important option why i chose St Maarten (as i was there last year) - as it's got loads of duty free shops and the beaches are more white-sandy in colour, compared to St Lucia.

Well, yes there are a few other activities I could do (bear in mind i'm going on my own...) - museums, shopping, lounging on the beach, shopping, ferry to anguilla to see a friend (and do some snorkelling with her and her four kids), shopping, Fort Amsterdam, shopping.....loads of activities!!!!! :D

and thanks...at least now, i can breathe through my nose - but whether thats a temporary thing is anyones guess :)

acelockco
09-13-2007, 04:28 AM
I hope you feel better and are able to dive Lottie!

Take those meds, drink your OJ and get plenty of rest, I am sure you will be fine for your dives. You still have time to get that mask with the ear protection you need.

Good luck,

Ace

lars2923
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Shopping?

It is so boring...
I'm an impulse buyer.. I see it, I like it, I buy it.
Moving on....

( O)(o )
^
` _ _

acelockco
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=lars2923;7036]Shopping?

It is so boring...
I'm an impulse buyer.. I see it, I like it, I buy it.....QUOTE]

That is why my wife likes to keep me away from the dive shop and ebay. Every time I seem to come home with something new.

lars2923
09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
I was in the shop yesterday, saw a beautiful blue 100cf tank.. bought it.
And that just after buying three steel 100's, and a grand worth of other things I don't need but can't live without items...

Too funny

seasnake
09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
So sorry to hear that Lottie. I've had that happen to me too, get socked with a big head a just before leaving on a dive trip. You will have to bring back pictures of your shopping instead! :)
Best wishes for getting well soon!
Ron

lars2923
09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Sorry Lottie,

Haven't been ignoring you... Take your meds, go diving and watch for the reverse squeeze... In between, go shopping...

Cheers,

lottie
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for that Lars - and everyone else.
I'm still not sure about chancing it with the diving due to my previous ear problems a few months ago, plus with my tonsils still being up, that could have an effect on equalizing as it's connected/related to my eustatian tubes.
But i might ask at the dive site and see what they say - I still really, really, really, really wanna do the shark dive (even if thats the only dive i do manage to do)

as for the shopping - i'm not one of those women that doesn't meander around every single shop for a specific thing then goes back to the first shop to buy the item - if i go into a shop and see something i like, i'll buy it (a type of impulse buy)...plus i can still get my wetsuit....mmmmmm.....yay for me :D

acelockco
09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
So I guess you don't want to try the mask with the ear protection. It is a shame, because you could actually use that, rather than a wetsuit that you can't because of your ears.

lottie
09-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Ace, will you quit with the ear protection thingy...I don't mean this in a horrible way...but, i'm fine without it. It's just a cold, it'll clear up and i can do more diving :D

but thanks for caring about me :)

acelockco
09-14-2007, 06:15 AM
No problem Lottie, but then you have to quit telling us every time you can't dive because of an ear related issue.

lottie
09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
thanks for that Ace... :D..I'll keep quiet from now on :D

aerospot
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
But i might ask at the dive site and see what they say - I still really, really, really, really wanna do the shark dive (even if thats the only dive i do manage to do)
:D

Hi Lottie!
Sorry to hear yer ailing.. But, my advice it to "play it by ear". (phun intended)
If they have any shallow reef dives say under 30', and your able to clear, go for it! Any diving is better than just sitting on the beach. Besides, you should be clearing up just about the time you leave and after a day or two there you should be all done with it. Dont give up now, see how you feel as the diving opportunities arise. I expect to hear your post report with stories of sharks and such. Good luck!
Dave

lottie
09-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks for your confidence Dave,
I feel alot better today - got a bit of a cough, but can breathe through my nose, not feeling so spaced out and my tonsils have calmed down a bit now, so I may be okay.
The shark dive is on thursday afternoon, so, like you say, i'll play it by ear and hope that i can at least do that dive (as i don't think its that deep).

See ya all when i get back :)

Tigerbeach
09-15-2007, 10:52 PM
...got a bit of a cough, but can breathe through my nose, not feeling so spaced out and my tonsils have calmed down a bit now, so I may be okay.

My GOD you're a sick little thing!
Have you considered taking up knitting instead?

lottie
09-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks TigerBeach - As for the knitting - I'm not that old, ya'know!! :D

lars2923
09-22-2007, 10:11 PM
It was Groucho Marks that said: "You're as old as the women you feel."
I can't take credit for the line, but I like it.. So feel free to knit if you want, knowing "You're as old as the men you feel."

Cheers,