PDA

View Full Version : group trip - location

lottie
09-12-2007, 02:23 PM
yes, I know i'm creating way too many threads for this. But i think we need some kind of poll to understand where everyone that's interested would like to go for the inaugural group trip.

I agree with DaddyH20 about deciding on a location by a given deadline - hence this poll.

I know I have liveaboard on there as well, but i wanted to see who would prefer a liveaboard to a land-based trip (we can sort out the semantics later, as to whether we do a few days on a liveaboard, then a few days land-based or whatever...)

Daddy-h2O
09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Lottie,

Before I forget, thank you for doing all this leg work, regardless of the destination, I understand that there is a lot of "Behind the scene work"

So ... Thank you!

lottie
09-13-2007, 01:08 AM
Aaaw, thanks for that...

well you know...I'm always gung-ho about things that i do in my life (apart from trying to find a job, but thats another story!!)

I just think it'll be a blast if we can stop talking about it as though its a pie in the sky and actually get on and do it and go somewhere where we all want to go (or the majority of us can go, without too many problems)...plus I wanna see whether you look like Tony Robinson or not..ROFLMAO ;)

Daddy-h2O
09-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Not,.......

The Publisher
09-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Lottie,

Just for giggles, try adding Bali, Papua New Guinea and Raja Ampat to the mix.

I just got finished checking out a Bali and Raja Ampat website..... ;)

acelockco
09-15-2007, 01:02 AM
If you add something, then we will have to restart the poll. Of course one of those places could very well be someones first choice that already voted.

Anyway, it is will probablly be better to wait until The Publisher gets back from the DEMA show to see what kind of deals can be had. I am sure the price and services available will make a huge difference on our trip location.

lars2923
09-15-2007, 01:28 AM
with LOTTIE...

She can be the hostess...

May we put Lottie as one of the choices?

Cheers,

lottie
09-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Lottie,

Well, i would add them, but you can only have a max of 10 for a poll, so if i did add them, that would have to be as another poll. and i am sooo not going down that road :D

lottie
09-15-2007, 02:27 AM
with LOTTIE...

She can be the hostess...

May we put Lottie as one of the choices?

Cheers,

Oooh, you just wait until this trip and you'll regret your cheek Mister ;)

The Publisher
09-15-2007, 02:47 AM
I knew you could only put ten options, I was just checking! lol ;)

lottie
09-15-2007, 03:02 AM
hahahaha, my, my. A Comedian as well as a Publisher.......

Quero
09-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Lottie,

Oh! Raja Ampat is on the top of my wish list!

The Publisher
09-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Quero,

Trust me, we will be on the prowl for Raja Ampat resorts/LOB when we're at DEMA.

For North Americans, it is a huge haul, but it is one of the most remote, premier relatively uncharted dive destinations in the world that has both macro and wide angle.

I was just hearing about one particular new resort right in the best section of an Island within Raja Ampat.

For a lot of these new resorts the trick is going to be to find one that can handle at least a different dozen divers plus any friends they bring.

Daddy-h2O
09-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Just a side thought, for me diving is more than just being underwater, it has been a great way to meet people with similar intrest. An Instructor friend of mine recently stated, that All his friends are divers. He is into alot of diffrent things and has varied interest, yet he finds that the people he spends his free time with are divers.

So having a social enviroment as well as some diving would be the best of both worlds. Just my 2psi...

I could careless if this event was held in PNG or at a quarry I would try to get there. Depending on my fianaces...

bottlefish
09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks from here too, you're brave, trying to ratify the needs of a group of geographically challenged divers!!

If you need any assistance from this side of the pond, let me know and I'll see what I can do

Cheers

Stuart

lottie
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks for that bottlefish, I'll let you know...

How is London these days???

I'll be back over there around May/June or even July next year...I just hope the weather is sunny and hot at that time, otherwise i'll be freezing my butt off :D - I should actually add that it'll only be for a two week vacation :)

bottlefish
09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
London is cold, wet and expensive... we've had a miserable summer and the weather has already turned to autumn. I'd suggest keeping yourself within spitting distance of the equator for as long as you can!!

lottie
10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Get your votes in folks, only another three weeks to go to vote on where the first SMN group trip should be.

Currently its a tie between the Philippines and Costa Rica.

The choice is up to YOU....

Daddy-h2O
10-11-2007, 01:37 AM
I am still pushing, lobbying, campaining for the St. Lawrence see the following...

www.scubaq.ca/ontarioscubadiving/gaskin.htm

www.dreamscape.com/pchurch/scuba/gallery/index.html

The only problem is it is fresh water and no truely big creatures... 3 more votes and you could be there!!!!!!!!!

PS. Thanks Lottie...

lars2923
10-11-2007, 03:08 AM
The St. Lawrence is great diving. Lots of wreck, great vis.. A must do dive...

littlemermaid
10-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Hello fellow divers : )
Thought I'd offer my assistance as I book group dive trips and can get discounts and group rates if anyone's interested.
I also have a friend that owns a private island in Belize, on Glover's Reef. Visit www.islamarisolresort.com, excellent diving and everything about this place is fabulous. I'm putting together a group for a whale shark dive in May 2008 if anyone's interested.

Let me know if there's anything I can help out with.
m~

Sarah
10-12-2007, 04:34 AM
Hi Maryanne,

Welcome!

Tell your friends that they have a really well laid out, artistic website that makes viewers want to visit their resort!

lottie
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Only another week to go folks before the poll closes.

So get those votes in and make the decision as to where YOU want to go.

lottie
10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Only another 24 hours to go until this poll closes and we have a three way tie.... Only YOU can make the decision......

Time's a tickin'

Daddy-h2O
10-31-2007, 05:12 PM
St. Lawrence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PinayDiver
10-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Hmmm, a three-way tie: Philippines, Costa Rica, and a liveaboard somewhere...
I guess if "a liveaboard somewhere" wins, we'll need a fresh poll to decide just where that would be? :D

lottie
10-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Thats my thoughts as well Lu-Ann...

Are liveaboards available in the Phillipines??
Not sure if it's possible in Costa Rica?! :S

DaddyH2O - unless something drastic happens over the next few hours - I think you're backing a losing horse. But then again - it's not over until the fat lady sings :D

PinayDiver
10-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Thats my thoughts as well Lu-Ann...

Are liveaboards available in the Phillipines??

We're going to Tubbataha in April then :D

I shared about that site here awhile back (good thing there's a "search" option!)
http://scubamagazine.net/showthread.php?p=3211&highlight=tubbataha#post3211