PDA

View Full Version : Full facemask recall

Tigerbeach
08-30-2007, 03:09 AM
I just got this link off of another site.It pertains to AGA Swivels for Scuba Diving Masks. Please be aware of this and pass it on.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07293.html

acelockco
08-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Do you dive a FFM? I was thinking about it for a number of reasons the two biggest would be communications and warmth during ice diving.

Does anyone here dive with one, if so, which one. I was thinking about going the Ocean Reef route because of the reasonable bang for the buck.

Tigerbeach
08-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Nope. I'm hooked on warm water now...

sailordiver
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Do you dive a FFM? I was thinking about it for a number of reasons the two biggest would be communications and warmth during ice diving.

Does anyone here dive with one, if so, which one. I was thinking about going the Ocean Reef route because of the reasonable bang for the buck.

I dive a Kirby Morgan M48 'super mask'. It cuts down on your peripheral vision somewhat and it's bulky. But I find it to be extremely comfortable and love not having to suck on a mouthpiece. Another plus to this design is that the breathing pod is seperate from the mask part and easily detachable underwater so you can go to your octo without flooding the mask. I love it and use it on all OC dives and it never leaks. One more thing... it has a glass lens unlike many other FFMs.

lars2923
04-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I dive a Kirby Morgan M48 'super mask'. It cuts down on your peripheral vision somewhat and it's bulky. But I find it to be extremely comfortable and love not having to suck on a mouthpiece. Another plus to this design is that the breathing pod is seperate from the mask part and easily detachable underwater so you can go to your octo without flooding the mask. I love it and use it on all OC dives and it never leaks. One more thing... it has a glass lens unlike many other FFMs.

Cutting down on vision is an understatement. I own one as well and used
it once, well twice cause we did two dives that afternoon... Haven't used
it since. I like the idea of the pod though... I like the acordian style mouth piece which you can keep in your mouth or not.. (watch for Co2) and the pod where you can switch with another reg during a dive is nice.. just the lack of vision is the only pitfall...

acelockco
04-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I dive a Kirby Morgan M48 'super mask'.

I just checked out the M48 and I must say it is not really even a full face mask as far as I am concerned. It looks more like a regular mask with a mouth cover attached. It surely is not what I would consider buying, especially since one of the main reasons for a FFM is better visibility.

The Publisher
04-19-2009, 03:45 PM
I know a lot of the CCR guys talk about FFM's so if one goes unconscious or has 02 convulsions, all is not lost.

acelockco
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I know a lot of the CCR guys talk about FFM's so if one goes unconscious or has 02 convulsions, all is not lost.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is tell the wife and explain how it is important safety gear and I will be able to get one. It is much easier to convince her if it is something for safety and not another toy. :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

lars2923
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM

I couldn't agree more. I prefer the POD or a full face on a CCR for the reasons you mentioned.