PDA

View Full Version : "ScubaChix" guide to weeing at sea

lottie
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Came across this article and thought you gals might be interested
(it also has some useful tips for the guys to take a mental note of l.....
:D

http://www.divegirl.com/wee.html

acelockco
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
I know this is in the ScubaChix section, but read her article anyway. I don't think I understand the problem. She did not mention long dives in cold water wearing a dry suit, so other than that (which could be an issue) what is the issue?

Indigodive
10-21-2007, 03:00 PM
This is not an issue with warm water / wetsuit dives.

HOWEVER I have met some very prudish ladies that state 'I would NEVER pee in my wet suit...EVER!'. Whilst I understand that peeing in your wet suit is not a nice thing (unless you are really cold :o ), and if you make a habit of peeing in you wet suit it will really stink if it is not washed and sanitized properly, it is just the case that sometimes you just don't have a choice. If you wear a wet suit, you have probably peed in it, and if your wet suit is your business suit.....

Mind you, not sure how comfy I would be peeing into a bucket on a rib after or before a dry suit dive :eek:

Just glad I dive in the tropics!

K

lottie
10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
HOWEVER I have met some very prudish ladies that state 'I would NEVER pee in my wet suit...EVER!'.
K

I heard somewhere (another forum) that there are two types of divers - those that pee in their wetsuit and those that lie about it :D :D :D :D

I must admit, i've had the urge to go when i've been diving, but it's just soo unnatural to actually do the deed..

Sarah
10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
You just have to get in touch with your inner-freak. ;)

acelockco
10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
I was going to say, "Suck it up and stop being a girl" but you are girls. So........

Stop being wusses and pee in your feeaking suit......OR continue to lie about it!!!

Really what is the big deal?

When you are all ready to start diving, us guys will be in the water diving in the pee. And don't worry, I'll make sure to pee in the water before you get in!

Tigerbeach
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Just imagine what the fish are doing in it...

lottie
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
yeah..i saw a parrotfish doing that...think it was trying to do it without anyone (fish or human seeing them) as they'd hid well into this alcove in the reef. then along comes 8 divers...lol

Quero
10-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Even if I do a pre-dive toilet visit, I ALWAYS end up with a full bladder by the end of the dive. The problem for me is that I actually find it very hard to pee when I'm in the water, even if the need is great... it takes concentration, patience and most importantly a place to keep sort of still. The easiest way for me is to hang onto the ladder and stop moving. I have to really squeeze my abdominal muscles to force the urine out. I then "flush" by pulling the neck of my wetsuit out and letting the sea water flow in. It's not always practical to hang off the ladder, though, so it's usually a matter of doing it once back on board the boat. Fortunately for me, our boats in Phuket all have toilets :) But unfortunately, the issue then becomes one of stripping down fast enough :o

Most drysuit diving women I know just use adult incontinence pads (Depends).

ljj
07-12-2008, 09:12 PM
www.she-p.com

or if you are shopping in the USA

www.she-p-na.com

I use it very regularly, and it's outstanding!!!!! It's SO sweet to be able to use a pee valve... (I hate depends)

-L