PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

JS1scuba
01-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Greetings,

I don't know how i ended up here but I suspect it will be fun.

I've been in the Tech Diving game for a little while. I was originally trained on the East Coast and spent 14 years out there doing all the big bad wrecks while taking advantage of technology. I have somewhere around 5350 dives completed, about 2600 of them are gas dives, and probably more than 3000 of them have been on shipwrecks.

I completed my 52nd dive on the Andrea Doria and my 14th trip there this past summer. And also completed my 20th dive on the USS Monitor as permit holder and expedition leader.

I run a little company called Scuba Training and Technology / Tech Diving Limited in Arizona where we serve more than 20,000 divers world wide.

I've written a few books on nitrox and technical diving and three major sections in the NOAA Diving Manual (decompression, nitrox and mixed gas diving) ........

I look forward to contributing to the list.

Cheers

Sarah
01-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Joel,

We're quite lucky, especially the tech guys to have you with us.

I personally would love to hear some of your wreck stories including what it is like to dive the Andrea Doria over in the wreck section.

:)

RebreatherDave
01-10-2007, 06:47 AM
Joel, welcome.

If you you had those 3L Faber 232 bar DOT rated white cylinders available with a low profile side DIN outlet valve for around that price.....guys who want spare 02 and diluent cylinders for their Inspirations might stop paying the $279 they have been.

texdiveguy
01-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi Joel.....love the occp.: Diving Technologist ...lol... Welcome to a new pond. :D

Azza
01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Welcome Joel

JS1scuba
01-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Joel, welcome.

If you you had those 3L Faber 232 bar DOT rated white cylinders available with a low profile side DIN outlet valve for around that price.....guys who want spare 02 and diluent cylinders for their Inspirations might stop paying the $279 they have been.

That valve is a proprietary product of AP Valves and we cant get em -- but the tanks we have piles of. Any rebreather diver should be able to use most any valve to do what you need. As to prices on tanks -- we are the largest single seller of Faber cylinders in the states. Our prices are the best.

Cheers

JS1scuba
01-11-2007, 02:34 AM
Hi Joel.....love the occp.: Diving Technologist ...lol... Welcome to a new pond. :D

I was going to put Dive Mercenary but thats too dark.

Diving Technologist pretty much sums up what i do.

Cheers

Humanphibian
01-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Hey Joel,
There is a PERFECT spot at the bottom of the page to place your "White Sale" ad. The Manufacturer/Vendor area currently has 0 threads so far.

Jason Ooi
01-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Howdy!
Welcome on board